Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Capping supps.

dr0832

What formula do you use to cap a supp? Anyone know. I thought it was fill a cap with filler then weigh it on a good scale. Then choose how many caps you wanna fill and multiply that number by weight of the cap you filled. Then choose how much of the powdered supp you want per cap (in mgs) and multiply it by the number of caps. Then take the first amount and subtract the second amount from it and you have the amount of filler.

The problem is I tried this and it came out way off. Am I doing something wrong?

I think I figured it out. The directions I read said to fill the cap with filler and then weight the cap, but you have to actually fill the cap with filler and then empty the cap onto the scale and then measure the amount and go from there. Is this correct?

what the fuck... Nobody caps supps? I think I realized its impossible to calculate the amount because the density of every powder is different.

well, i dont' know if my two cents will help, but when i capped some of that plain grainy creatine, i just took the amount of powder that constituted one serving, and i capped it, then the amount of caps i produced from the one serving that i had was the number of caps that i took. But we may/probably are capping different things, thats just my two cents though...

well I could do that but I was looking for a more accurate way to do it. I still haven't figured it out. Although now I know that all powders are very different in density. Sometimes the 00 size caps hold 300 and sometimes 700mg with same amount of stuff.

Why use fillers? Just weigh the amount of the powder on a good scale (most ammunition scales (single beam) will get you down to 6mg) and then pour that into the gel cap. Will take some time but it will be accurate. The other option for very accurate capping is to pick up an ammunition powder dispenser, set the despenser to whatever weight you want (normally ammunition scales and powder dispensers are measured in grains - approx. 15grains=1gram - and most name brand (the best I have found being RCBS) equipment will get you down to .1 grains or 6mg) and everytime you pull the handle it will be right on. Depending on the powder cylinder (they usually come with a couple) you can use coarse or fine powders. Hope that helps. Or you could spend the money and go with a digital powder dispenser.

why not just cap all of the stuff you want capped, and then divide the total amount by how many caps you have?
for instance, if you have 100 grams of green tea extract, and it takes 200 caps to cap it all, then you know that each cap is equal to 500 mg of green tea extract.

why not just cap all of the stuff you want capped, and then divide the total amount by how many caps you have?
for instance, if you have 100 grams of green tea extract, and it takes 200 caps to cap it all, then you know that each cap is equal to 500 mg of green tea extract.

Top Bottom