Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can someone clarify confusion over ALA

Millie

Hi all,

I have been reading positive things about alpha lipoic acid and its many benefits. Then I did a search here and came up with a couple of confusing posts. I will paste them:

MR. BMJ said:

It increases the amount of GLUT4 receptors on the cell surface. GLUT4's allow for there to be a greater transfer of glucose to enter the cells (fat and muscle). Therefore, when more glucose is able to enter the cells, there is less need for insulin to rise to great depths in order for the glucose to be shuttled in. This in return will lower blood glucose levels.

MR. BMJ

So can anyone answer these questions for me please please please:

1. If ALA shuttles glucose to both musscle and fat cells, does that make it counter-productive to take if you are trying to lose fat?

2. If you are on a keto-type diet, do you take ALA only on carb-up days, or both keto-days and carb-up days? Can you recommend dosage and time for taking ALA for low-carb and high-carb days?

3. Is ALA a type of fat? Does it contain any fat grams? If you are on a low-fat diet, should you count ALA as part of your daily fat intake?

Thanks so much, and please don't flame me too much if my questions are dumb. :)

Top Bottom