Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can protein cause liver damage?

TurboAalga

I have heard that taking too much protein can beharmful for your liver, so you should not take all these proteinshakes. Is this true? Is it ok for the liver if I take the proteinshakes?

The simple answer is no - protein will not cause liver damage. At least it will definitely not cause liver damage when taken in moderation in accordance with the needs of your body. Back in the days some people would say that because of all the additives in the protein products and the extreme dosages people would take. Obviously, your entire body will struggle with protein if you take too much of it, be it from a protein shake, or from natural food sources. Therefore, just take as much as you need - no more, no less, and there will be no damage whatsoever.

I am not sure where these 'bro science' too much protein can hurt your kidney/liver claims came from but they make no scientific sense.

Neither your kidney or liver is involved in the human digestive process at all. Your digestive tract involves your stomach, small intestines, gall bladder and pancreas.

Protein consumption will not effect your liver in any way.

All you want to do is make sure you are getting in at least 1g of protein per pound of body weight. If you are getting that from whole foods then great. If you don't get enough for a day then that is when you add in a protein shake to fill the gap in. You are not going to have liver issues from protein shakes. They are just food.

Top Bottom