Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can fiber lower blood sugar?

Jakanart

I've heard that taking fiber can lower your blood sugar? Is that true? If so, what kind of recommendations would you give me?

That is true – fiber can indeed lower your blood sugar, and it can do so in a significant manner. I have tried that myself, and did see that it would lower blood sugar in a consistent manner. I would just take it once per day between meals.....however, don't take too much of it, because it is neither good to have too little of blood sugar.

Fiber lowers the glycemic index of the meal, which slows how fast sugar is released into the blood stream.

You don't need to use a fiber supplement. Just add fibrous vegetables to your meals. Broccoli, celery, mushrooms etc.

The answer is yes.

Dietary fiber — found mainly in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes — is probably best known for its ability to prevent or relieve constipation.

What is dietary fiber?

Dietary fiber, also known as roughage or bulk, includes the parts of plant foods your body can't digest or absorb. Unlike other food components, such as fats, proteins or carbohydrates — which your body breaks down and absorbs — fiber isn't digested by your body. Instead, it passes relatively intact through your stomach, small intestine, and colon and out of your body.

Recommendations :

Fiber is commonly classified as soluble, which dissolves in water, or insoluble, which doesn't dissolve.

Soluble fiber :

This type of fiber dissolves in water to form a gel-like material. It can help lower blood cholesterol and glucose levels. Soluble fiber is found in oats, peas, beans, apples, citrus fruits, carrots, barley, and psyllium.

Insoluble fiber :

This type of fiber promotes the movement of material through your digestive system and increases stool bulk, so it can be of benefit to those who struggle with constipation or irregular stools. Whole-wheat flour, wheat bran, nuts, beans and vegetables, such as cauliflower, green beans, and potatoes, are good sources of insoluble fiber.

Most plant-based foods, such as oatmeal and beans, contain both soluble and insoluble fiber. However, the amount of each type varies in different plant foods. To receive the greatest health benefit, eat a wide variety of high-fiber foods.

Eating good complex carbs throughout the day will keep blood sugar levels more stable because you wont have the huge insulin spike like you do with quick carbs.

Top Bottom