Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can creatine replace pre-workouts?

AlexSho200

If creatine gives energy for training, can I goaround without pre-workout supplements before my workouts? I don'tlike the stims because my head hurts with them, so I would like toget more energy on the workouts but without stims.

Creatine will increase your ATP levels, and consequently your energy levels. It will take roughly 30-60 minutes to start acting after taking it. Therefore, it may act in part as a pre-workout supplement, but it won't give a very prominent energy boost as some pre-workout supplements will.

If you want to avoid stimulants, you can use a pre-workout supplement called DSpark - it has no stims in it, and yet it will give you quite a good energy boost. What I like about it, is that unlike stims it will give raw energy, and not this sort of hyperactivity you get with stims.

You honestly don't need a pre-workout. It's a big misconception that you need a pre-workout to lift. The best thing you can do to get a great pump during your workout is to eat a proper pre-workout meal 60-90 minutes before you train. Something high in protein, high in carbs and low-moderate in fat. Something like a bowl of oatmeal with whey protein isolate and some natural almond butter mixed in.

Creatine is fine to take pre workout because it will absorb really good but it does not give you "stim" type energy.

I would make sure you are getting in a proper meal and are hydrated before training. That is the energy you need. Add in a cup of black coffee when needed for the extra boost.

Top Bottom