Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

calcium dose question

franleevolt

for those who suffer Calcium deficiency what could be the ideal dose of calcium? I see Conflicting opinions on this I want to take the right amount, because as I understand if you take too much that would be too bad, thank you.

''The Institute of Medicine recommends that adults 19 years old and older get 1,000 mg of calcium per day, with an upper limit of 2,000 mg. A recently published study revealed that taking excess calcium can be bad for your heart.''

Note that you'll have some in your diet. How much will vary. Try starting at 250mg a day and go to a high of 500mg in supplemental form over and above any in the diet.

Diet wise it's in milk based products (like cheese and yogurts), Broccoli and Sardines. A cup of milk, by way of example, contains 300mg

@stevemobster gave you the right dosages right there. If you are going to supplement yourself with calcium, make sure to take just half that daily dosage, because you will still be getting more calcium from food, so between food and supplements you will balance yourself out.

You were given some really good advice from all the posters above.

When shopping for a calcium supplement - make sure to purchase a calcium supplement that also contains vitamin D and magnesium as they help with absorption.

If you are deficient then your doctor should be telling you how much to take every day. I would try to get as much in through your diet as possible. Green veggies are key with that.

Top Bottom