Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Better PW shake....100% Whey Isolate, or 50% Whey Isolate/Casein?

JG1

Been thinking about this for some time. Would it not be better to have a 50/50 blend of whey isolate(Isopure) and casein(Met-Rx protein plus), then have 100% whey isolate? I would think 25g of each PW would be ideal instead of 50g whey. You'd have a very fast protein, as well as a more times release protein. And then you'd have a solid food meal 1.5 hours later.

Is my thinking off here?

From MR.X`s advise I went with 20% X5 of these mixtures. I think it was a thread about bulking post wo shakes. MCT 60%, caseinate, Ion Exch. Whey Isolate,Egg white protein, Maltodextrine.
Just edited the post from an earlier mistake.

Last edited:
From some experts a slow protein will slow down other proteins as well, but to what grade I do not know.

I don't bother that much because I don't belieeve the difference will be that big, but if you do think that it would make a big difference I would try this:
Same second you stop your workout, drink your postworkout drink Nr1: 30g Whey, 50-60g Dextrose. Drink Nr 2: As the Whey isolate probably will be in your "system" very fast, like after some 20-30 minutes, I would then add a mixture of caseine/Whey Isolate with some complexed carbs like a baked potato, masched potatoes or something like that: 1 big baked potatoe, 40g protein(50%casein/50%Whey I). 1½ later I would eat my first real solid food meal, I also would take some Whey isolate to this as well, something like a big steak with rice and a small proteinshake + some flax seed.

As long as you get it right after your workout, you will be fine either way. You have about an hour window of opportunity where your body will utilize the protein in a replenishing manner. The absorbtion times, regardless of how much the caseign could slow it down, will still be withing your time slow. Remember that you only need about 20 g's of protein post workout.

So I'm taking in too much protein PW? I'm taking 50g whey (IsoPure), and 75g dextrose along with 200mg r-ALA a couple minutes after my last set in the gym.

Top Bottom