Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beta alanine worth it?

PollyPodliPotty

How many of you use alanine? Do you like it? Havebeen taking it for 3 weeks so far, and by now I did not feel anydifference with it. Maybe I am looking in the wrong direction, orothers have the placebe effect with it? What can I reasonably expectfrom it?

Yes, if you got high quality beta alanine, you should be feeling the effects similar to those of creatine - a boost in energy during intense workouts of medium length. However, don't expect anything drastic from it.

Don't expect steroid like results from it but beta alanine supplements do work. Beta alanine and carnosine are supplements used for improving muscular endurance and athletic performance.

They help restore optimal pH levels, reduce muscular fatigue, prolong muscular endurance and facilitate recovery from strenuous physical activity. Betaalanine supplements are much more effective then carnosine. The recommend dosage is 2-6 grams per day, ideally taken around workouts. Men and women will benefit from them in the exact same way and should use the same dosages.

You will get the most out of beta alanine by stacking it with creatine. Don't waste your money on some fancy overly marketed creatine that will provide no additional benefits.

Either get a bulk creatine monohydrate powder or a capsulated creatine product like ancient strength from n2bm.com.

I would take 5g of creatine and 5g of beta alanine 30 minutes before your workout.

What were you expecting to get out of it? I think expectations with supplements are a huge thing. Also it is not something you will "feel" unless you get the tingles for a bit. It can help with training for more reps but nothing crazy.

Top Bottom