Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beta-Alanine

johny_45

has anyone tried Beta-Alanine?

yes i know i can get all the information online....but most the times its just people trying to sell there products

on here i get great info from people who know their stuff and have actually tried the products in question

What are the benefits of Beta-Alanine? how is it taken? and how long is it before you actually feel it working?

if the responses are for the positive as opposed to negative, what brands are good?

I haven't tried it but it is meant to be great for being able to continue to train with intensity, reduce fatigue, so it is a pre-workout supp.

It is one on my list to try. I am very partial to very basic supps, especially when they are just amino acids.

To be honest, I never really 'feel' many supplements working, I notice when I stop taking them that I may feel slightly different.

josenunes said:
the latest studies say BA dont work

I have read a few that says it does.

Do you have any links to that? Or abstracts?

I will see what I can dig out as well.

I use it semi-regularly. I feel it does make a difference on higher intensity days, such as my Back day, or if I am running post-lifting. It's not very expensive, and some supp companies offer it free with other purchases. I recommend at least giving it a shot yourself.

Dosing: 1/2 tablespoon in my first liter bottle of water about 20 minutes prior to the gym. If I have a heavy run, then I add another 1/2 post-run in with my water.

i use it as i have received a bit for free
you "feel" it with in 15 mins, tingling in arms or face which can be annoying
i may have noticed a small difference on heavy lift days
iv heard marathon runners benefiting more out of it

its not something i would pay for

You'll notice a bigger difference if your style of training is more type I slow twitch oriented (time under tension, extended reps, drops sets, burns, etc) (or even type II explosive to absolute failure).

I love it

Mavafanculo said:
You'll notice a bigger difference if your style of training is more type I slow twitch oriented (time under tension, extended reps, drops sets, burns, etc) (or even type II explosive to absolute failure).

I love it

What's your pre-workout mix bro?

the_alcatraz said:
What's your pre-workout mix bro?

I change it up every once in awhile, but currently :

citrulline malate/argine MT stomach wait 20 minutes, then

rALA
kre-alkalyn
HMB
ALC
Vit C'
beta-alanine (about 2 grams)