Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best vitamins

juiceddreadlocks

rebuilding, getting there
Platinum
hey does anyone know anything about Animal Paks, are they legit, or i mean are they good to take, whats everyone;s fav multi-vitamin or vitamin pack?

The problem with these one-a-day mega packs (that contain just one big-ass b-vitamin pill, a huge vit-E cap, etc) is that they don't maintain the blood levels of the water-soluble vitamins more than a few hours. They give you a huge dose of b-vitamins, but three hours later, you've pissed them all out.

Also, they tend to add a bunch of stuff that may have some possible therapuetic effect (if taken separately and in much higher doses), just to 'pad' the ingredients label so they can call their product "mega" or "animal" or "hella" or whatever.

What you need is a multi-vitamin/mineral that splits its daily dosage up over 3-6 pills a day, so that you can take them with meals throughout the day, and keep your water-soluble levels elevated.

fogg88 said:
The problem with these one-a-day mega packs (that contain just one big-ass b-vitamin pill, a huge vit-E cap, etc) is that they don't maintain the blood levels of the water-soluble vitamins more than a few hours. They give you a huge dose of b-vitamins, but three hours later, you've pissed them all out.

Also, they tend to add a bunch of stuff that may have some possible therapuetic effect (if taken separately and in much higher doses), just to 'pad' the ingredients label so they can call their product "mega" or "animal" or "hella" or whatever.

What you need is a multi-vitamin/mineral that splits its daily dosage up over 3-6 pills a day, so that you can take them with meals throughout the day, and keep your water-soluble levels elevated.

so....

do you have any recommendations on a multi vitamin pack or tab or anyhting?

Some good brands are TwinLab, Schiff, Solaray, Natrol, and Nature's Way. ...if you shop around for what's cheapest, and still stick with the more reputable brands, you can't really go wrong.

TwinLab makes a DailyTwo, as well as Mega-3 and Mega-6 multi's. As the names imply, two, three, or six capsules will give you that blend's daily dosage. (TwinLab tends to be expensive, but you can find them cheaper online or at some grocery stores.)

For the last year or so I've been using Trader Joe's brand vitamins. (If you have a TJ's around where you live.) The quality is fine, and they are priced very inexpensively. I get a 100-count bottle of two-daily tablets for $8. Since they're tablets, you can split them in two with a knife, and then take 1/2 tablet with each of four meals.

You might try to find something that gives you daily totals in the neighborhood of:
50mg on the b-vitamins, 400iu of E, no more than 50-100% of D, and if the vitamin-A is more than 100%, make sure it's in the form of Beta-Carotene. (You can 'OD' on regular vitamin-A, but your body will only convert b-carotene to A as needed.) Around a gram of C in your multi would be good, but you can settle for less in the multi and just add extra C by itself (it's dirt-cheap).

These are just some suggestions, though. If you find a particular multi that you're interested in, go ahead and post the name of it and we can give you our opinion on that brand/blend.

juicedmullet said:
what do you think about the KAL enhanced energy multi... they are a one pill serving you take 3 times daily?

KAL's a good company. I did a search for enhanced energy multi, and saw that they have several different formulations with that name. I'm assuming that you're talking about the one here:

http://www.nutraceutical.com/search/view_product.cfm?product_index=71000

(Note: this is not an endorsement of the above web-site. It's just what google pulled up.)

I think the overall vitamin profile looks decent, even though they do go overboard on some of the b's (like b-12). There's quite a bit of beta-carotene is there also, but there wouldn't be any toxicity issues like with straight vitamin-A, since your body will only convert what it needs.

My only concern about this multi is that it's missing out on some key minerals like zinc, manganese, copper while fluffing it up with stuff like "wheat grass juice concentrate".

If you can get it for a really good price, I'd say go for it. But I've got a hunch that all that 'filler' may jack the price up a bit, and it wouldn't be worth paying any extra for IMO.

Top Bottom