Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best recovery supps?

Rockaho

What are the the best supplements for recovery?

I be a newbie and have just started lifting again (it's been years). To my understanding the most common newbie mistake is overtraining and i figure one way I can help myself not do this is to increase recovery rates.

Good advice from edge...Creatine and ribose are also good,but emphasize glutamine.Nothing is more important than good food ,however.

Protein shake(w/creatine,if using) within 15-20 minutes after workout. Full meal 90-100 minutes later (lots of natural protiens-food still works better than anything-and carbs if bulking). Take glutamine powder on empty stomach right before bed.(I mix with orangina), Best remedy for recovery- 8 full hours of sleep.If you don't sleep enough or consistently, it's usually harder to make gains.

I work shift work and have a 20mo. old boy who don't always sleep well. The regular sleep pattern is shot. Someone told me take 10gr. of glutamine before and after a workout. waite 30 min. then have a protien shake, then more to eat later. What are your thoughts on this?

hey rockaho. i've seen it repeated on different threads that dextrose (the simplest form of sugar) is great for post workout because it causes a spike in insulin levels. grape juice has dextrose and maltodextrins in it which are "ok" for post workout (high carbs, though). glutaimne seems to be effective for recovery. add it to you protein shakes post workout. you definately want to keep those muscles healthy when lifting hard. i know it isn't much, but i'm an even newer newbie, here. ciao, and catch some zzzzz's, will ya! :)

Rockaho- I feel for you with the sleep problem. Mines not as bad, but getting 8 uninterrupted hours almost never happens. Just try and work naps in when you can to get as many ZZZZZZZ's as possible. Glutamine is best on empty stomach and after years of mixing it with my protein shakes- found out that the combining of the two pretty much negates the effectiveness of the L-glutamine. Best to take it before bed- and at least 30 minutes in the morning before protein shake- with the grape juice like the last guy said.the insulin spike will slam it into your muscles.

Top Bottom