Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best protein bars for body building

The problem with protein bars/cookies is that they have a lot of carbs and fat in them. To make the product into a bar or cookie, they need to add carbohydrate and fat binders. Even a low calorie protein bar is going to have at least 5-6g of fat and 20-25g of carbs.

Why not just make your own 'no bake' protein bars by mixing oatmeal, whey protein isolate and natural almond butter together? Mix it all together and make bars. Then roll the bars in shredded coconut or nut slices so they don't stick together. Use a chocolate flavoured whey isolate and it'll taste like a chocolate peanut butter cup.

i would much rather get nuts and some dried fruit blend vs. protein bars. but let's say you are going hiking or fishing for hours and hours and want something on hand then bars make sense cause they won't melt and it doesn't matter if your hands are dirty.

i like the 200 calorie bars they sell at the health food store, they cost $1 each and do the job. read the ingredients.. they contain 3 egg whites, peanut butter, etc. natural stuff

I would only either make your own or just have a shake instead. In either case you will want to have a good pure whey isolate on hand. Check out n2bm.com

Top Bottom