Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Benefits of Milk Thistle...more than just the liver

2Thick

Elite Mentor
Platinum
The active ingredient is called silymarin. It protects your liver from insults such as excessive consumption of alcohol, ibuprofen, steroid hormones, birth control pills (for the ladies), solvents, heavy metals and even some supplements. Silymarin also speeds recovery of the liver once damaged by hepatitis and cirrhosis.

Topical silymarin has also been found to reduce the number of skin tumors in mice by 92% when applied before exposure to ultraviolet B (UVB) rays.

Silymarin also fights sunburn even when applied after exposure, due to its action as an antioxidant balm. It counteracts that subcutaneous water retention that comes with sunburn. This allows bodybuilders to keep their cuts after sunburn (along with preventing initiation of cancer-producing enzymes).

Now you have another reason to buy and use Milk Thistle. You can get it at your local health food store. The most common dosage is between 500-1500mg per day. It has no known toxicity.

yeah that's right it's perfect,
and that's not just everything Silymarin has been shown to consist of a large number of flavonolignans, including silybin, isosilybin, dehydrosilybin, silydianin and silychristin. The results of numerous studies suggest that silymarin not only protects liver cells by preventing the actions of toxic substances but that it also stimulate protein synthesis to accelerate the regeneration and production of liver cells. Silymarin, and component silybin, function as antioxidants, protecting cell membranes from free-radical-mediated oxidative damage. This type of damage is known as lipid peroxidation. Most liver toxins produce their damaging effects by free radical mechanisms. Both silymarin and silybin protect red blood cell membranes against lipid peroxidation and hemolysis (breaking down of the red blood cells) caused by certain red blood cell poisons.

Thats somwe good shit 2thick. I take milk thistle and vitamins and shit even though i am not on any sauce (unfortunatly). Be good to your body and it will be good to you. Hey 2thick, take a look at the thread on here called "DBOL?" and let me know what you think of my response.

and here's another study by N. SKOTTOVA, V. KRECMAN
Institute of Medical Chemistry, Medical Faculty, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic:

... The liver plays an important role in regulation of metabolism of plasma lipoproteins, and liver injury is often reflected as a secondary dyslipoproteinaemia, which may lead to the development of atherosclerosis, particularly when associated with hypercholesterolaemia. This review summarizes the experimental evidence indicating that silymarin-induced protection of liver functions may be of benefit with regard to liver lipid metabolism related to the regulation of plasma lipoproteins. Moreover, some data suggest that silymarin could have a direct effect on liver cholesterol metabolism by inhibiting cholesterol biosynthesis. It is proposed that silymarin deserves to be studied as a potential hypocholesterolaemic agent.

Maddog67 said:
2Thick,

Alot of folks recommend Liv.52 for liver care, but surprisingly is does not contain silymarin.

How do they compare, should you take both ?:confused:

I don't have much info in Liv. 52 but I would assume that unless you are realy putting stress on your liver, the Milk thistle should be enough.

2thick what's the deal with cranberry extract is that a substitute for milk thistle or is the cranberry extract for your kidneys?

Top Bottom