Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Been taking vitamins all my life...is this bad?

Audio8

Ok, here's the deal. I've basically grew up on vitamins, taking them everyday since I was a kid (I'm 21 now). I take about 10 vitamins everyday and havn't really gone more than 1 day without them. If I do happen to miss a day, I get a slight headache, but that's about it. My question is, should I just continue to take them every day, or should I try to maybe cycle the vitamins... I know by this time, my body has probably adapted to the constant intake of vitamins, so if I do cycle, maybe I should first ween myself off of them. any suggestions????

Bro do you cycle water?Food? Unless you are overdosing on the vitamins there is no need to cycle them. If you get a headache from not taking vitamins for one day it is in your head..RIP

Well I think you guys are missing the point...the only reason why I ask this is because I'm worried my body has stopped producing natural vitamins on it's own.

Ripper,
I don't think you can make a relevant comparison between food and vitamins. The body doesn't produce energy on it's own, so you need a constant supply from an outside source. Vitamins on the other hand, are produced in the body, and like calories, carbs, etc., are essential. So is it possible then, that my body has stopped producing vitamins on its own due to the constant supply over the years? Thanks for any info...

You better stop eating food then.
food has vitamins in it.

Why do you take so many?
If you eat correcttly you shouldnt have to bust so many pills.

There are many vitamins the body needs to get from external sources (eg food/supps)

TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT YOUR DIET.

my understanding is. 95% of vitamins must come from diet. only some vitamins are produced in the body.....and usually insufficent amounts.

ESSENTIAL......usually means: you must get these (vitamins/aminos...etc) cause your body doesnt produce them. they are essential to have

I see...where did you get that 95% figure by the way...what are your sources? thanks for the info point...

I pulled 95% out of my arse.
Ill wait till someone with formal training lays some numbers down.

The rest is derived from reading different books.
Unfortunatly none of them are laying around now......bar one.
One that i dont like very much.....causes its put out by the reader digest. And i dont know how much of it to trust.
But they say.....pretty much what i said. most if not all vitamins must come from your diet.

Ill bump it up for some science!

off the top of my head:
vitamin D;made in your body/skin......by getting sunlight.
Biotin: made in you intestine
Niacin: also made in the body.

That isnt a complete list.....but the ones i can remember.
i dont know if the human body produces sufficent amounts of the above vitamins either

Top Bottom