Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BCAA in whey protein

Jayashri

If my protein has BCAA's and other amino acids – do I need to get a BCAA product separately? Or the bcaa in protein is the same, and I don't need to buy anything else?

protein already has bcaa man. no reason to waste money on a bcaa product unless it is worth a damn

now n2bm sells GEAR which is super plasma protein

also your protein should be a high quality whey isolate.. again n2bm sells 3 great flavors

The BCAA you find in a protein product and the BCAA you get in a dedicated supplement are just the same normally, so there is no need to use both at once, and the BCAA in the protein should be enough for you.

Whey protein supplements and BCAA supplements are very different.

BCAAs are the amino acids leucine, isoleucine and valine. They are free form amino acids that don't require digestion. They are rapidly absorbed as soon as they reach the intestines. This makes them optimal to supplement with immediately before/during/after your workout. The amino acid L-leucine also directly signals protein synthesis through the mtor pathway.

Whey protein is a milk derived whole protein source. It is basically just a protein supplement to help you meet your daily dietary protein requirements. Since whey protein is a complete protein source (just like all animal protein sources) it contains all the essential amino acids. There are 8 essential amino acids and BCAAs are 3 of them. However, whey protein needs to be digested by the body in order to break the protein down into individual amino acids.

Truthfully, you dont need BCAA if you are eating a high protein diet. You will be getting plenty of BCAA from protein alone.

Buy yourself a good quality pure whey isolate like wheytobuildmuscle from n2bm.com. That's all you need. A big 5 pound bag is $40 on n2bm.com. Use that to supplement you diet to help reach your daily protein requirements.

If you are using a whey protein already and eating a diet high in protein BCAA are not worth it. The only time they are worth it is if you eat a lower protein diet or train fasted and are looking to not lose any muscle.

Top Bottom