Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BCAA vs Protein powder ?

goahead

Lately I switched from having protein powder to branched chain amino acids directly post-workout.

It is said they are much faster acting than regular protein powders as it doesn't not needed to get metabolized....

However BCAA contains only a (important) part of the amino spectrum. Would it be beneficial to take the BCAA along with relatively fast acting whey protein and or glutamine?

Also it is very much advised to take BCAA on an empty stomach: one half-hour before a meal or two hours after a meal.

As I am taking the celltec postworkout creatine bomb (you know, the micronized creatine / dextrose stack) the following question occurs:

Should i take the creatine/dextrose drink (0.5 l) DURING my workout and wait an hour (cauz drinks go faster through the system) and then throw in the BCAA or take the BCAA first and throw in the drink 30 minutes later?

I am a bit confused here cause it is generally said you should have the carbs as first aid post - workout, but the BCAA recommedations clearly state to wait for you stomach too clear which is too long after the optimum time-window.

:confused:

BTW: i got some really good advise from a pro regarding protein intake before you sleep. Adviced was to stack several kind of fast-medium and slow acting proteins too insure a long lasting steady release during the night.

I.E: have 250 gram cottage cheese with 5 baked eggs and some slices turkey flesh on that and 10 grams glutamine (would take 20 grams glutamamine if that stuff wasn't so damn expensive)

Seems to work out fine this combo....

I cant come up with any science stuff because i dont really no to much about this kind of stuff. But after speaking with a nutritionist friend of mine he said trhat to get the optimum ratio of amino acids throughout the day was nigh on impossible. I wouldnt worry about it to much mate, say 40 grams protein (fast acting), and 80 grams simple carbs with possibly including creatine and electrolytes. Then about an hour later a proper meal.

Top Bottom