Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BCAA's Worth IT?

Have you seen Direct Muscle Gains from BCAA's

• NO It Was Worthless

Votes: 29 8.7%
  • Wasn't really sure

Votes: 153 45.9%
  • Yes, ABOLUTELY!

Votes: 145 43.5%

• Total voters
As far as strength and energy for a workout & post workout recovery goes, I don't really notice aminos doing anything. My Whey Isolate & Creatine seem to be far more effective in that respect. I heard aminos were good for preventing/delaying muscular catabolism. So I like to take them on off days or during periods where I'm not working out much.

Last edited:
If you're eating 5 to 6 times a day, eating right and sipping protein, then your body should always be in anabolic state. You'll have plenty of BCAA in you already, digested, predigested, and waiting to be digested. Swallowing another 10g of BCAA powder is redundant. Your body will treat it like it's just another protein.

They said your stomach have to be empty to take in BCAA for full effect. If you're training, you shouldn't be in that state (hungry) in the first place. You don't want to be in a state where you're hungry. When you are hungry, you have to eat right away - not take in 10g of BCAA and then wait for like 30 minutes before you eat. That's too much time to be hungry. Even when you're dieting, BCAA won't help much. If your body is in catabolic state, it'll just burn up the 10g of BCAA you just swallowed and convert it to energy.

I can only think of 2 window of opportunity when your body is depleted with BCAA, that's when you just woke up and after training. How long does it take for whey to digest and enter your system? Less than 30 minutes? Is it critical for you not to wait 30 minutes and you must have the BCAA in you asap? Are you in some kind of super training regiment that you can't afford 30 minutes to digest your whey? If so, are there suppository version of BCAA? You won't add an extra inch on your arms just because BCAA entered your body a few minutes earlier than your training buddy.

The only time I've noticed any effect from BCAAs is when I'm dieting really hard. It allows me to cut my calories hard without losing any mass.

When you're calories are high, it's probably overkill and you won't notice a thing.

The only time I've noticed any effect from BCAAs is when I'm dieting really hard. It allows me to cut my calories hard without losing any mass.

When you're calories are high, it's probably overkill and you won't notice a thing.

True. Protein supplementation is less crucial if you're already taking in enough protein. But try GEAR. You'll notice a differecne.

I notice a MAJOR difference when using GEAR!!

Especially more so then I ever did with a powdered bcaa supplement!

BCAA's are best taken directly after a workout as they go directly into the bloodstream,in comparison to our whey protein powder which takes about 40 mins to break down. I thinkt the liquid form is the best for absortion post workout. You won't exactly put on slabs of muscle with BCAA's but you would def miss them if they weren't there!!!

Top Bottom