Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BCAA's Worth IT?

Have you seen Direct Muscle Gains from BCAA's

• NO It Was Worthless

Votes: 29 8.7%
  • Wasn't really sure

Votes: 153 45.9%
  • Yes, ABOLUTELY!

Votes: 145 43.5%

• Total voters
BTW: Cross filtered whey isolate has the highest percentage of BCAA's -- which is why I included it in BIG BLAST.

Free form BCAA's are the goodz.

IBCAA

Last edited:
A good protein powder has BCAA's so they aren't essential.

HOWEVER...

If you use enough (up to 20 grams a day) they really can make a difference. BCAA's are a very overlooked supplement. They are expensive though. If you're going to use them, make the investment to use enough, or don't bother.

It's kinda like Primo. If you can only afford 100 mgs a week, it's a waste. You'll get nothing out of it. But at 500 mgs a week...wow.

I totally agree, my single protein shake alone has 23,000 mgs of BCAA's

Add that by 3 there you go.

But everyone has a different diet plan, responds differently to different compounds...etc!

RADAR

Last edited:
I sure hope they are worth it. I just ordered quite a bit of the powder. I guess the norm is
5 gr. before work out, 5 gr. while workout, and 5gr. PWO. Also some Protein, Carbs, and creatine.
Church Of The Iron Plate :mix:

I sure hope they are worth it. I just ordered quite a bit of the powder. I guess the norm is
5 gr. before work out, 5 gr. while workout, and 5gr. PWO. Also some Protein, Carbs, and creatine.
Church Of The Iron Plate :mix:

yea if you aren't dieting, if you're dieting double it.

yea if you aren't dieting, if you're dieting double it.

I would double it except for the post workout.

10 gram leading up to workout. 10 gram intra workout, and then whey + carbs post workout.

...and just a few things to remember...

Free form amino acids (powder) are different from a complete protein (whey). This is comparing apples and oranges.
BCAAs absorb at a higher rate with carbs than without
Glutamine is for gut health,,, not muscle building.

bcaa's are definately good. i think most of us get plenty enough from our diets. and the quality is the absolute best. whole eggs and beef are the richest, and i guarantee 100 times better than any pill or powder your going to buy so eat them and grow.

I've often wondered about the amount in the Whey Protein I'm taking in. I take in 3 shakes a day like Radar and I always figured that was enough. That's not counting the ungodly amount of food I consume everyday...

Top Bottom