Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BCAA's Worth IT?

Have you seen Direct Muscle Gains from BCAA's

• NO It Was Worthless

Votes: 29 8.7%
  • Wasn't really sure

Votes: 153 45.9%
  • Yes, ABOLUTELY!

Votes: 145 43.5%

• Total voters
BCAAs, if they do not build muscle (which I think they do) at least at the bare minimum preserve muscle and keep you anabolic during workouts and especially during cardio.

BCAAs are GOOD.

Well , Ill look into it further

Aaah, I agree now
When you say denature , you're talking about cleaving of peptide bonds ,and free form amino acids have no peptide bonds...

ANyway BCAA's are majorly overrated
It is a fact that carbohydrates are protein sparing. Having said this , eating a meal with sufficient carbs and protein preworkout will alleviate the need for swallowing drinks in the workout

L-Leucine is also inulinogenic which means it will spike insulin and is a good means of inducing ketosis. However due to the absorption rate , you would have to sip the BCAA drink throught the workout in order for it's purpose to be lived through the workout. A better bet would be brown rice or whole wheat pasta 2hours of so before hand which should start the assimilation of proteins and carbohydrates into the blood stream during the workout.

If one is cutting , then I can see why one would go this route. Overrall , I think BCAA are majorly overrated

Okaay, I am waiting for my BCAA to be delivered. I also take about 44 grams of protein powder daily and eat a lot of lean meats and tuna, how many grams of BCAA should I take?

I workout in the AM. Sometimes even fasted. Although this isn't optimal it's what I have to do to get a workout in since my schedule is so hectic.

Having said that BCAAs have helped me a TON even while bulking. I mix Xtend with some CytoMax and 2 grams of BA.

A good protein powder has BCAA's so they aren't essential.

HOWEVER...

If you use enough (up to 20 grams a day) they really can make a difference. BCAA's are a very overlooked supplement. They are expensive though. If you're going to use them, make the investment to use enough, or don't bother.

It's kinda like Primo. If you can only afford 100 mgs a week, it's a waste. You'll get nothing out of it. But at 500 mgs a week...wow.

I am taking ON BCAA pills directly after workout toghether with some glutamine+creatine+whey. I find it they help on recovery also as when i trained hard they help me on this part.

Top Bottom