Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BCAA's Worth IT?

Have you seen Direct Muscle Gains from BCAA's

• NO It Was Worthless

Votes: 29 8.7%
  • Wasn't really sure

Votes: 153 45.9%
  • Yes, ABOLUTELY!

Votes: 145 43.5%

• Total voters
I don't think there is a point to taking supplemental BCAA's unless it's immediately before or during your workout.I use a dextrose and BCAA shake that I sip on during my workout. If you're consuming typical bodybuilding levels of protein you're getting enough throughout the rest of the day.

Again, BCAA's shine their brightest when calorie restricted...i.e...dieting. Metabolized directly in the muscle, so very easily burnt for fuel. Supplying exogenous BCAA's at this time of reduced calories can be very muscle sparing.

I'm currently using Scivation's Xtend and have actually noticed new growth and recovery. One of the big reasons I believe is the Leucine. The price isn't to bad and I got it shipped pretty quickly from bodybuilding.com.
I use 5 scoops pre/during and 5 more scoops right after my last rep.

*The scooper is small so i just put in 5 scoops along with water and bring it around with me.

targac21 said:
I'm currently using Scivation's Xtend and have actually noticed new growth and recovery. One of the big reasons I believe is the Leucine. The price isn't to bad and I got it shipped pretty quickly from bodybuilding.com.
I use 5 scoops pre/during and 5 more scoops right after my last rep.

*The scooper is small so i just put in 5 scoops along with water and bring it around with me.

The watermelon is killer in taste, isn't it?

Graphite said:
I believe the amino acids in protein powders take longer to break down thats why you supplement pure bcaa's so they are ready to be broken down and to repair muscles. I may be wrong though.

The problem with amino acids in general is that they denature in stomach acid. This is why you want them to be resistant to stomach acid and to be broken down by enzymes in the stomach and small intestines so that the pure amino acids go into your blood stream for your recovery. An amino acid that has a somewhat longer digestive time is a good thing

Lifterforlife said:
The watermelon is killer in taste, isn't it?

Yeah i don't mind it. I just take it in gulps after my last rep.

I am not a grape fan so im thinking of passing on grape. Have you tried it?

I take 15g's before, 15g during and 15g post-workout with a diluted powdered Gatorade solution. I have found it helps with recovery and keeping me looking "full."

I order the powdered BCAA's from Bulk Nutrition. That is the cheapest way for me to go.

gjohnson5 said:
The problem with amino acids in general is that they denature in stomach acid. This is why you want them to be resistant to stomach acid and to be broken down by enzymes in the stomach and small intestines so that the pure amino acids go into your blood stream for your recovery. An amino acid that has a somewhat longer digestive time is a good thing

Amino acids don't denature. Protein (strings of AA's in specific sequences and conformations) denature. ...basic biochem.

gjohnson5 said:

We are talking BCAA's here...metabolized directly in the muscle.

targac21 said:
Yeah i don't mind it. I just take it in gulps after my last rep.

I am not a grape fan so im thinking of passing on grape. Have you tried it?

Yeah, the grape was the first one out, before the watermelon. It is very good, they did a great job masking the taste. Almost like grape kool aid. But I am partial to the watermelon.

I also use the Extreme Formulations ICE brand, has extra glutamine added. Fruit punch.

Top Bottom