Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BCAA's Worth IT?

Have you seen Direct Muscle Gains from BCAA's

• NO It Was Worthless

Votes: 29 8.7%
  • Wasn't really sure

Votes: 153 45.9%
  • Yes, ABOLUTELY!

Votes: 145 43.5%

• Total voters
Phosphate bond said:
Just be careful with the dosage. If you take too much relative to how much you break down dopamine levels will drop in the brain and you'll get a prolactin increase. BCAAS compete with tyrosine, tryptopha, and histidine for entry into the brain.

I do think they work well for cutting (especially with exercise volume). Leucine as a standalone anabolic has not been shown to maintain elevated rates of protein synthesis if given in chronically high dosage. Aim just to replace the loses.

Good post...I think BCAA's exert their best benefit when calories are at a premiun(restricted).

As someone already mentioned, the Aminos found in protein powder take more time to digest or "work". I for one take the Twinlab version by the teaspoon before and after my workout. I can tell alittle bit of a mass gain, but the main difference is an increase in vascularity due to the L-Arginine improving blood flow. When I took the pill version with every meal is when I could tell a difference in mass. I gained quite a bit of mass on the pill form. -Jay

waste of money. if your getting the right foods in they serve little purpose. i too believed in them for awhile. a member on this board is going for their nutrition phd, i asked him about it. he gave me the answer i just posted.

Supplement with BCAA's 20-30 mins after workout. This is not a product your going to really see results with if your not eating clean, etc.

SugarJay0126 said:
As someone already mentioned, the Aminos found in protein powder take more time to digest or "work". I for one take the Twinlab version by the teaspoon before and after my workout. I can tell alittle bit of a mass gain, but the main difference is an increase in vascularity due to the L-Arginine improving blood flow. When I took the pill version with every meal is when I could tell a difference in mass. I gained quite a bit of mass on the pill form. -Jay

First off L arginine is not a BCAA.

And second, what you are referring to as more time to "work" is peptide bonded and free form.

BCAA's are metabolized directly in the muscle unlike EAA's.

Lifterforlife said:
First off L arginine is not a BCAA.

And second, what you are referring to as more time to "work" is peptide bonded and free form.

BCAA's are metabolized directly in the muscle unlike EAA's.

Never said L-Arginine WAS a BCAA, just the reason for vascularity when taken with BCAA's such as Twinlab. But thanks for the other info. -Jay

Top Bottom