Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BCAA's or Glutamine? which better?

R

riskybiz007

Hey guys i've been taking Glutamine for a while, tried with bulking and also when cutting. It's a bit pricey, so i was wondering which was more effective as an anticatabolic agent, BCAA's or Glutamine?? With the info i have read it's hard to say. Any help please?:confused:

Glutamine or BCAA's

I believe that glutamine is better. You can get enough BCAA's from protein powders. You really don't need a BCAA supplement. I feel that you don't get enough glutamine content, unless you take Muscle Meals, a MRP by the supplement company Muscle Link. 1 serving of Muscle Meals provides 10 grams of glutamine peptides, which is the best form of glutamine you can take. Usually if you add regular powdered glutamine to a protein powder, it competes with the other aminos in the protein powder for absorption. Glutamine peptides you can take with anything and it is always absorbed almost 100%. Glutamine peptides alone are costly. I recommend adding Muscle Meals or Pro Fusion to your diet. For 20 packets of Muscle Meals, it is only 36 bucks at www.netrition.com It's a better quality MRP, better than Myoplex. EAS overprices their supplements.

I disagree with tha last post.... BCAA's are imperative...
Take 5-10grams of Bcaa's immediatly post workout with about 75grams of carbs and 30 grams of protein and you will be amazed at the difference in recovery time.

Glutamine is great post work out as well.

Bcaa's are vital though, especially if you are involved in other sports as well.

Take Bcaa caps before your morning cardio, and before training. and immediatly after training.

Peace. :fro:

I take both while dieting just to preserve muscle. But if I had to choose one I would go with glutimine. From what I've read it's the mother of all amino acids.:D

i guess in actuality it's hard to say.. especially with the glutamine because there's much more hype coming from glutamine than there are from BCAA's. I guess i'll give the BCAA's a try and drop the glutamine for a while see if i notice any difference. And as far as studies go, don't they say your BCAA's are the first aminos to go from your muscle? and post work out BCAA's are detrimental to recovery and proper protein usage. But glutamine does have its upsides too...

"and post work out BCAA's are detrimental to recovery and proper protein usage. "

LOL detrimental to recovery

i think u used tha wrong word bro.

Yea .. take about 5 1000mg Bcaa caps post workout w/ 3 grams of glutamine. along with your carb/protein drink. 3/1 ratio carbs to protein.. 90grams of carbs/30 grams of protein.

Preworkout try 2 or 3 1000mg Bcaa caps, mix some glutamine 2 or 3 grams in some gatorade and sip it during your workout.

You can get 1000mg Bcaa caps from Eclipse... there like 9 bucks a bottle at DPSNUTRITON.COM.. great deal. Expect to go through 2-3 bottles a month depending on how often you work out.

You will definatly recover faster.

peace :fro:

my whole thing is to try to preserve muscle while being more catabolic. While dieting, which i am, i'm just trying to preserve the hard earned muscle. and btw wouln't glutamine theoretically be competing with the BCAA's if taken at the same time??? :mix:

Top Bottom