Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Aspartame: really flush out water?

Phenotype X

I heard that the asapartame is the leading agent in diet coke(or anything with nutrasweet) which leads to waterloss. Is this true, and is that a main factor in the "diet coke diets?" One more thing, does aspartame affect the hormone called aldosterone?

diet coke (just as regular coke) is diuretic
because of caffeine (not aspartame)

Anthrax said:
diet coke (just as regular coke) is diuretic
because of caffeine (not aspartame)

yep....

always watch your fluid intake when consuming alot of coffee or pop.

Aspartame is getting a worse and worse rep as time goes on and it deserves it. Here is the main problem with it.

There is a barrier around your brain and your body is VERY picky about what it lets cross over into this barrier. Unfortunately Aspartame is very similar to another compound that your brain needs so the body lets it inside. The aspartame somehow excites your brain cells and they literally get excited to DEATH.

Now I am NOT saying that this happens to everyone. Nor am I saying that it causes a mass death of tons of brain cells. What I will say is that I need all the brain cells I can get and I am not gonna take any chances.
Cananda has already switched to Splenda. If you go there and get a Diet Coke or whatever it has Splenda in it NOT Nutrasweet. Can anyone from Canada confirm this 100% I have read it from several resources but never talked to anyone from Canada to see if it is true.
The only sodas in this country that I know use Splenda are Diet RC and Diet Rite and they taste better then Nutrasweet anyway in my opinion. Splenda packets are usually expensive compared to Nutrasweet unless you buy from Sams Club . They have 700 packets for less then 15 bucks. That is hella cheap compared to anywhere else I have found.

If we are lucky Nutrasweet will die a slow death here just as I am told it has in Canada. I really would like to know if Diet drinks there really are all using Splenda if anyone in Canada can confirm.

allergies to phenylethylamine are very very very rare (though potentially dangerous)

Sucralose is best

Dryloch said:
Aspartame is getting a worse and worse rep as time goes on and it deserves it. Here is the main problem with it.

There is a barrier around your brain and your body is VERY picky about what it lets cross over into this barrier. Unfortunately Aspartame is very similar to another compound that your brain needs so the body lets it inside. The aspartame somehow excites your brain cells and they literally get excited to DEATH.

Now I am NOT saying that this happens to everyone. Nor am I saying that it causes a mass death of tons of brain cells. What I will say is that I need all the brain cells I can get and I am not gonna take any chances.

I agree, Splenda (sucralose) is the best sweetner. But do you have ANY substantiation on the claim you made about aspartame? I would like to see a legitimate study that supports your quote. Thanx!

JG1.....

Look for Splenda in the aisle where sugar is sold at the grocery store. It comes in a yellow box, but it's pricey compared to most sweetners. Pepsi One is the only soft drink I know of that uses sucralose.

Re: JG1.....

TYPE A said:
Look for Splenda in the aisle where sugar is sold at the grocery store. It comes in a yellow box, but it's pricey compared to most sweetners. Pepsi One is the only soft drink I know of that uses sucralose.

Thanks, I'm going to go look for some :)

Dryloch said:

Cananda has already switched to Splenda. If you go there and get a Diet Coke or whatever it has Splenda in it NOT Nutrasweet. Can anyone from Canada confirm this 100% I have read it from several resources but never talked to anyone from Canada to see if it is true.
The only sodas in this country that I know use Splenda are Diet RC and Diet Rite and they taste better then Nutrasweet anyway in my opinion. Splenda packets are usually expensive compared to Nutrasweet unless you buy from Sams Club . They have 700 packets for less then 15 bucks. That is hella cheap compared to anywhere else I have found.

If we are lucky Nutrasweet will die a slow death here just as I am told it has in Canada. I really would like to know if Diet drinks there really are all using Splenda if anyone in Canada can confirm.

Show me one scientific study that supports one word of this. Barrier around your brain? Aspartame excites your brain cells to death? My God. I thought I'd heard them all. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom