Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone tried Molecular Nutrition's Boldione?

"Molecular" Whoaaaa !

is it radioactive ?
or is it that new supplement that will make you become the incredible Hulk ?

More seriously, what is it ?

It's a product I found at DPS Nutrition, check this:

Ref No MN001
Molecular Nutrition Boldione *Intro Special
60 Cap
Price $36.95
Boldione (Patent Pending)

Boldione (1,4-androstadiene-3,17-dione) is the lead innovation to arise out of the next generation of orally active prohormones. It is a direct precursor to the anabolic steroid boldenone, and displays a level of oral bioavailability far superior to any other compound, including the new 1-androstenes. If you are unfamiliar with boldenone, it is an anabolic steroid most often found in injectable form as a veterinary medication (boldenone undecylenate). It is chemically a derivative of testosterone, characterized as a strong anabolic and low to moderately androgenic agent. As its name indicates, Boldione is simply the “dione” form of boldenone, activated in the body by the same widely distributed 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzyme that converts androstenedione to testosterone. The chemical structures of both are:

Boldione (1,4-androstadiene-3,17-dione) Boldenone (1,4-androstadiene-3-one,17b-ol)

Boldione is truly the most advanced and potent anabolic prohormone ever developed, exhibiting several undeniable advantages over competing products:

The Most “Orally Active” Prohormone

Boldione is unquestionably the most orally active prohormone ever developed. As you probably know, poor oral bioavailability is one of the most fundamental problems with prohormones. The liver processes natural steroid hormones so efficiently, that when taken orally little will make its way all the way through to the blood stream in active from. All but a small percentage of the steroid will typically be found as an inactive 17-keto steroid. Here the 17 beta-hydroxyl group, vital to androgen binding, is removed and the compound rendered inactive. To solve this problem with pharmaceutical agents, chemists have synthetically altered most oral steroids with some form of 17-alpha alkylation (typically a methyl or ethyl addition), which virtually inhibits 17-ketosteroid reduction by occupying a carbon bond necessary for this reaction. But this type of alteration is also toxic to the liver, synthetic, and clearly not possible to use with natural prohormones.

The structure of Boldione however is intrinsically resistant to 17-ketosteroid deactivation during this first pass through the liver. The combination of its delta 1 and delta 4 double bond (1,4-Di Ene) shifts the hepatic metabolism (the 17-keto redox potential) of this compound far in favor of activation. This is made clear by studies showing Boldione to produce by far the most profound excretion of active 17beta-hydroxysteroids we have seen of any prohormone, as much as 50% of recovered urinary metabolites [1] . Surprisingly the 17beta-hydroxyl group survives hepatic metabolism to an enormous degree. Although this is not the near 100% recovery you would expect with a synthetic agent, it is amazingly superior (by far) to every other prohormone ever developed including the 1-androstene’s [2] .

…by far the most profound excretion of active 17beta-hydroxysteroids of any prohormone, as much as 50% of recovered urinary metabolites…

Figure 1 compares the 17-beta hydroxysteroid recovery of 4-androstenedione, the new 1-androstenedione, and Boldione (1,4-androstadienedione). As you can see, the delta 1 bond alone increases active metabolite recovery considerably. However when we add the additional delta 4 bond, the recovery is far more dramatic.

Figure 1. Average percentage of 17beta-hydroxysteroid metabolites recovered from human urine after 4-Androstenedione injection (J. Biol Chem 239(1964) 1578-84), 100mg oral 1-androstenedione (J Steroid Biochem 3 (1972) 933-6) and 100mg oral 1,4-androstadienedione (Steroids 18 (1971) 39-50).

Favorable Aromatization

Boldione converts to estrogen at roughly half the rate of androstenedione and testosterone [3] . This significantly reduces the level of estrogen buildup during use compared to that achieved with testosterone precursors, and similarly also lowers the chance of noticing strong estrogen related side effects such as increased body fat, gynecomastia and definition hiding water retention. It is no coincidence that the best bulking agents are estrogenic though, as this hormone does offer more than just side effects. Aside from the basic size increase we would attribute to fluid retention, estrogen also aids the muscle building process by enhancing glucose utilization for tissue growth and repair [4] [5] , increasing growth hormone secretion [6] and perhaps even by increasing androgen receptor concentrations [7] . It is clear today that estrogen serves a positive function in muscle growth, finally allowing us to explain a well known anecdotal fact: Aromatizable steroids are always the strongest muscle-builders, and preferred over non-aromatizable steroids when mass is desired. Boldione coverts to estrogen at a high enough rate to support excellent muscle gains, yet is typically mild enough to promote quality, defined growth without unwanted side effects. The long and fond relationship bodybuilders have had with boldenone is a clear testament to this fact.

… estrogen also aids the muscle building process by enhancing glucose utilization for tissue growth and repair, increasing growth hormone secretion and perhaps even by increasing androgen receptor concentrations…

Reduced Androgenic Activity

Boldenone is classified as an anabolic steroid, exhibiting much less androgenic activity than its analogue testosterone. This is because unlike testosterone, boldenone is a poor substrate for the 5-alpha reductase enzyme [8] . This is the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone to the more potent steroid dihydrotestosterone in many androgen responsive tissues such as the skin, scalp, prostate and central nervous system. Consequently the local potency of testosterone is increased significantly in these tissues, often allowing it to trigger unwanted side effects such as oily skin, acne, body/facial hair growth and male pattern hair loss (for those with a genetic predisposition). But boldenone tends to interact with the 5-beta reductase enzyme instead, which reduces this steroid into a very weak binder of the androgen receptor instead of potentiating its activity. Consequently boldenone is much milder in terms of androgenic side effects compared to testosterone, being much more similar to nandrolone in this regard.

A Naturally Occurring Hormone

In order for any prohormone to be classified as a nutritional supplement, the compound in question must be “naturally occurring”. This means that we must isolate a clear source for it in nature, without human synthesis. Thankfully 1,4-androstadienedione was shown unquestionably to be a natural androgen in cows. The first study to isolate this compound was conducted back in 1956, where scientists believed that it was most likely produced from progesterone in the animal’s gastrointestinal tract [9] . Later studies show the production of this hormone in cow ovarian tissues however [10] , suggesting another location and method of endogenous production. We can also look toward studies in the agricultural industry, where the natural occurrence of 1,4-dienones [11] have caused some difficulty and debate over the screening processes used for detecting the illegal use of boldenone in cattle. Many have suggested threshold limits to prevent false positives due to the low level of 1,4-diene androgens that may be present naturally in these animals.

How Supplied

100mg 1,4-androstadiene-3,17-dione per capsule, 60 capsules per bottle.

References:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Metabolism of 1-dehydroandrostanes in man. I. Metabolism of 17-beta-hydroxyandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one, 17-beta-cyclopent-1-enyloxyandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one (quinbolone) and androsta-1,4-dien-3-one (1). Galletti F and Gardi R. Steroids 18 (1971) 39-50.

[2]<![endif]> Metabolism of 1-dehydroandrostanes in man. III. Metabolism of 17-beta-hydroxy-5a-androst-1-en-3-one, 17-beta-(1-methoxy-cyclohexyloxy)-5-a-androst-1-en-3-one (mesabolone) and 5a-androst-1-en-3,17-dione. Galletti F and Gardi R. J Steroid Biochem 3 (1972) 933-6. [3]<![endif]> Biosynthesis of Estrogens, Gual C, Morato T, Hayano M, Gut M and Dorfman R. Endocrinology 71 (1962) 920-25

[4]<![endif]> Aromatization of androgens to estrogens mediates increased activity of glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase in rat levator ani muscle. Endocrinol 106(2):440-43 1980

[5]<![endif]> The pentose phosphate pathway in regenerating skeletal muscle. Biochem J 170: 17 1978

[6] Activation of the somatotropic axis by testosterone in adult males: Evidence for the role of aromatization. Weissberger and Ho. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 76 (1993) 1407-12.

[7] Modulation of the cytosolic androgen receptor in striated muscle by sex steroids. Rance, Max. Endocrinol 115 (1984) 862-6

[8] Metabolism of Beldenone in Man: gas Chromatographic/Mass Spectrometric Identification of Urinary Excreted Metabolites and Determination of Excretion Rates. Schanzer, Donike. Bol Mass Spec. 21 (1992) 3-16

[9] Identification of C19 Steroids in Bovine Feces. Miller, W.R., C.W. Turner, D.K. Fukushima and I.I. Salamon: J. Biol. Chem. 1956 220: 221

[10] The in-vitro metabolism of progesterone-c14 to Delta-1,4-Androstadiene-3,17-dione by a cystic bovine ovary. Gawienowski A. M., Lee S.L. and Marion G.B.: Endocrinology 69 (1961) 388-90.

[11] C. J. M. Arts, R. Schilt, M. Schreurs and L.a. Van Ginkel, in Proceedings of the Euroresidue III Conference, Veldenhoven, 6-8 May 1996 ed. N. Haagsma and A. Ruiter, University of Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands, 1996, p. 212

sounds too good to be true

I would wait for others to try it and see what they think of this sup.

I hear what you're saying, however, I've been doing a little checking around and it appears to be pretty good stuff. I'm going to order a few bottles and I'll post what I find out.

Hers some interesting info

I tried the same products but with impact nutrition and saw no gains. Here is some info you might find interesting.

Response to Anabolic Insider/Anabolics.com

I would first like to start off by apologizing to everyone for having to write this. I know how disagreeable it is to see people airing their personal business matters in a public forum. It is my sincerest interest to operate Molecular Nutrition in a professional manner, and I have thus far tried to ignore my former partner Bart Harcourt (a.k.a.Jeff Summers) as much as possible. To tell you the truth, I am almost embarrassed to admit I even worked with Impact Nutrition and Anabolics.com, and have tried to distance my company and myself from him and them as much as possible since leaving. After repeated attacks however, including one in the latest mailing of Anabolic Insider, and numerous requests by our retailers, I am forced to publicly respond to what I feel are the totally unprofessional and dishonest actions of Bart’s, and defend the integrity and name of my company.

We sell Fakes?

In his latest Fakes & Scams section, “Roid-Boy” Jeff Summers makes a bold and ugly
attempt to scare consumers away from competing products.

“Here’s the bad news, as soon as IMPACT introduced Equi-bolan and Maxteron at least 3 manufacturers knocked them off. Many of these knockoff companies had called IMPACT Nutrition for the Equi-bolan and Maxteron substances, but they simply would not sell them to these companies. So the companies decided to go behind Impact’s back and try to get the substance from other sources. Little did they know Equi-bolan and Maxteron raw materials are not available in the USA? The substance is imported through an exclusive relationship between Impact and an elite chemical company overseas. Meaning it’s virtually impossible for the knock off product to contain any real Equi-bolan and Maxteron active ingredients or produce any anabolic results”

To me it is clear that he wants you to believe Molecular Nutrition is not selling what we claim, that we have “Fake” products. In response, this is simply and blatantly untrue. We are able to obtain the raw materials for all of our products; otherwise we would not sell the supplements that are supposed to contain them. I take the suggestion that we are lying to and basically robbing our customers as a deep and totally unfounded personal attack.

Who owns the patent/patent application?

Anabolic Insider also states: “The good news is IMPACT has a patent on Maxteron and one pending on Equi-Bolan and it’s simply a matter of time before sales of the knock-offs will be stopped”
As you see elsewhere on this site, I am the inventor and patent filer for the DHT and boldenone precursor class of prohormones. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY the right for
me to sell MY OWN INVENTIONS will ever be stripped from me. The ability for Impact
Nutrition to continue to sell MY inventions however is currently the subject of a lawsuit. If you doubt the validity of my claim, simply go to the U.S. Patent database at
http://www.uspto.gov/main/patents.htm and search patent number 6,242,436. My name is on the patent, not “Jeff"'s or Bart’s.

“Jeff Summers” is a Fictitious Character

You should also know that Jeff Summers is a fake personality created by Bart Harcourt, the owner of Anabolics.com and Impact. It is in fact his picture you see for Jeff Summers. It is my opinion that Jeff is NOT AT ALL a recognized authority on performance enhancing drugs as he claims to be, and is only an attempt by Bart to invent a reputable figurehead through marketing hype. To me it seems that his obvious greatest accomplishment to date in this field was “discovering and publishing” MY book Anabolics 2000. I cannot understand the audacity of this man to put his picture next to a book written by someone else in an attempt to lend himself (or his fictitious character, sorry) credibility.
How do you “discover” a book anyway?

You should know also that despite the fact that he continues to sell and promote Anabolics 2000, he has STOPPED sending me royalties checks for the book. This WILL be remedied in a second lawsuit, as his company will not get away with withholding revenues from an author.

Molecular is Here to Stay

It is my belief that the rapid success and acceptance of Molecular Nutrition in the sports supplement industry is a particularly sore point for my ex-partner. I think he wanted to see me fail when I left to go out on my own, and viewing the apparent success of my company
must be tough for him to swallow. As a result it looks to me like he has become angry, irrational and almost “out of control” with his behavior toward Molecular in the marketplace. The good news is, I will have my day in court with you Bart Harcourt! Thanks to the excellent support we have had not only by distributors and retailers but consumers in general we are in a position to fight this all the way to the end. Bart’s attempts at crushing my
company have not worked, and in my opinion have only succeeded in showing the world how much of an ugly person he truly is.

Unlike “Jeff” I am a real person. My reputation in the industry is of the utmost importance to me. I am here to stay, and so is my company. With this in mind I want consumers to know that the products produced by Molecular and I are now and always will be of the absolute highest quality. I can only apologize to you the reader once again for having to be confronted with what I feel is such unprofessional nonsense. I’m sure you can understand however my inability to remain quiet.

Sincerely,

William Llewellyn

(CEO Molecular Nutrition)

Wow, that IS interesting. Thanks for posting that, bro. I'll still try the product(s) out, I mean you never really know until you try for yourself. I fell it's worth the cost to give it a try.

Top Bottom