Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone know why I'm not supposed to eat cheese 10 weeks out from a competition? help!

Valdez

?? I'm working with a friend I made at a max muscle store (yes I'm paying him but very little) and he's cutting out all milk products and fruit (except fruit maybe post workout). milk I can do without. cheese I'm craving like a mofo!! there is no carbs in cheese so that's not the reason. he said briefly that the pasterization destroys some of the protein and that it will make me retain too much water. and some other stuff which I forget.

please WHY?
please state also if you have done any bodybuilding contests before and if you cut them out or not?

The lactose in milk products will cause bloating/water retention in most people...10 weeks out, though? I'd say minimum a month out, 'cause I love cheese!!!

Cheese is also high in sodium and fat, although the fat can be taken out by purchasing no fat cheese but there goes the taste :)

Doing without cheese altogether is not a bad idea. It's really not very productive calories, plus it gives you bad flatulence (particularly if you have lactose intolerance) which is to the detriment of your family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, & undergarments.

Top Bottom