Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Amino acids in the am question for Mr. X

blood_drinker

I have a question for mr.x
Mr X replied the following when someone asked a question about taking a protein shake 1hr prior to am cardio.
Try taking Amino Acids and ECA prior to cardio instead of a protein shake. See how that works for you.
I know from personal exp. that eca is pretty chill for cutting during the am. But as far as I am concerned, multi vitamins are worthless to take on an empty stomach. Does this hold true for Amino Acids?

I think I remember reading somewhere that this was useless.....as the body needs certain other nutrients to absorb these amino acids.
I'm asking because since it holds true for some nutrients, it might follow that for these aminos it might hold true. Take for instance, Iron. Iron, to be properly absorbed, must be taken in conjunction with some ascorbic acid (Vit. C) (which is usually included in the actual iron supplement) or orange juice.

If the aminos do need some other vitamin/nutrient to get absorbed, then we could draw the following conclusions
1) good at some other time of the day
2) NOT good for morning cardio.

I'm wondering, as I'd like to start taking aminos, yet I m wondering when I should take them.

Anyone have an answer to this?

Dear Blood_Drinker,

While it holds true that some supplements need to be taken in conjunction with others, Amino Acids are a different story in my view. I would not draw a conclusion, that taking them with certain supplements would increase or decrease the effect because I do not find that to be true, as far as it goes for Amino Acids.

From past experience, I have noticed that when Amino Acids are taken in conjunction with ECA, prior to cardio, anti-catabolic properties arise in the body and preven muscle burning. (while burning fat).
To answer you question directly, No , amino acids do not require other nutrients to be taken along with them, in order to be absorbed. Also, amino acids are a good supplement to take prior to workouts, in order not to go catabolic during the workout.
Mr.X:cool:

....have you posted this view on the womens board? Where there is the whole fight about AM muscle loss?
This would solve the problem....(theoretically).

In your experience, while taking aminos, have you noticed any muscle loss?
What brand did you use? Please recommend me one - a solid one yet for someone with a relatively tight budget.
(I could spare up to $30 at the max for a bottle, as I already spend a shitload on whey here in paris (200FF / 33 US for 700g).

I know the owner of a local Max-Muscle, so, in turn, I get mine for about $15 a bottle. But, I'm pretty sure, www.proteinfactory.com
has some amino acids. If not, try a local Max-Muscle, they are usually pretty good, when it comes down to price and quality.
As far as muscle loss, No, I have not experienced muscle loss at all. I have kept myself from going catabolic by using amino acids and ECA. (again, I can't speak for everyone)
Mr.X:cool:

I know this question was for Mr X, but I have to concur that aminos before cardio work exceptionally well for preserving LBM while dieting. I also put glutamine in my drink bottle and slurp that all through my workouts. When I really have to drop weight quickly I will hit another round of aminos right after my cardio and then wait up to 2 hours before my first meal. LBM loss is minimal for me using this method.

Top Bottom