Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Amino acid supps...are they a waste ?

Stiffler

I have been supplementing amino acids for about a year now, my question is it a waste of time and money if you're drinking 3 protein shakes a day???

I never really see people talking a whole alot on aminos just glutamine.:rolleyes:

THANKS

mix them with incomplete sources of protein and they are not a waste unless you are paying more than $10/200 600mg-1000mg tabs

thanks for the help Iron, would just the run of the mill grocery store aminos do the trick cause im using "Sundown Natural" right now cause im poor for the month
and they are like $5/100 tabs 200mg of whey

anygood???:rolleyes:

Protein quality is determined by two factors: digestibility, and amino acid requirements of the species consuming the protein. Animals are different to humans, if you take human muscle tissue and eat that it should be the best source of protein for us humans to consume. This isnt possible but you can try to get close to this by mixing protein sources. For example if you were eating tuna fish at one meal and turkey at another, it would be better for your goals if you eat half turkey and half tuna fish for the first meal and the same for the second. Try and mix protein sources if you can. I always drink a glass of milk with my meals for this purpose alone and the extra calories when bulking. If you cannot mix sources so convenient, taking 3-6 grams of amino acids will be beneficial along with some milk and whole food source of protein. You should be able to find them much cheaper than $5 for 100 tabs of 200mgs that price is robbery. I buy 1000 tabs of 600mgs (of a similar product, Alf Alfa, Kelp & Yeast if I recall correctly but not 100%) for $15 and this is in United Kingdom, in USA you should find half that price.

Last edited:
If you start eating a bunch more whole food protein sources and getting more protein from that you could cut back on your protein shakes from 3 to 1 and that way you'd be spending a lot less cash on protein powders....
YUM

I was reading a nutrional book from my friends college course. The chapter on supplements talked alot about amino acids. It said that they are a waste. I can't remember the exact reason, (I can get back to you tommorow night if you'd like) It said food is the only way to get your amino acids.

good luck

Im not that poor its just I ordered alot of supps this month to last me for the next 2 semesters,

and Iron your lucky to get aminos for that cheap I dont know where else I could get them cheaper,,,anybody from the USA now of a place I can get them as cheap as Iron Game?:rolleyes:

to be honest aminos come down at the bottom of my priority list. as long as I am getting a varied range of proteins then I am happy. Now when you are eating 500 grams of protein a day you are only sure this will be the case.

If you cannot mix whole food protein sources then just add 5-10 grams of protein powder to milk and make a shake. That should bring you 10-15 grams of extra protein to each meal from a number of differenct sources.

You can buy some ginger root though :D

look for Macros post on this

Top Bottom