Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

am i going to get fat adding dextrose to shake?

kamaboko

ok, my last post on this. i was wondering, should i expect to put on extra fat when adding dextrose to my post workout meal? seems like a lot of sugar...75mg.

It depends on the intensity of your workout, as well as your total calorie balance for the day. If you're not busting your butt in the gym and burning a significant amount of muscle glycogen, then the dextrose should be left in the jar. Also, adding in 75 grms of carbs (~300 cals) on top of a diet that is already too high in carbs or calories may add fat to your bod. But if you're trying to gain muscle and are working hard and are eating right through the rest of the day, then some simple post workout carbs are good.

MS said:
It depends on the intensity of your workout, as well as your total calorie balance for the day. If you're not busting your butt in the gym and burning a significant amount of muscle glycogen, then the dextrose should be left in the jar. Also, adding in 75 grms of carbs (~300 cals) on top of a diet that is already too high in carbs or calories may add fat to your bod. But if you're trying to gain muscle and are working hard and are eating right through the rest of the day, then some simple post workout carbs are good.

this post is right no the money, everything he said was put great and 100% right, listen to this man.

OK, how does one determin how many cals they're burning during a workout? I, for instance, workout to complete failure for every set. I'm usually in the gym 1 to 1.5 hrs. On non-gym days, I ride the bike for 25 mins.

Top Bottom