Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

All I Wanted Was Muscle Milk And I Came Out A Town Hero (My Chuck Norris Run-in!!!)

just to throw this out there, let's remember that this post should be verified via checks done on the internets. of course, this is merely a formality and is actually for your benefit, mr. -lmao-. once our team has determined that you did not in fact steal this (i haven't read it, nor do i make any claims as to its quality) piece off the webs, you will get your propers.

sorearms, please, we need a mexican to finally do some research around here. do it. do it.

lol that was funny

Re: All I Wanted Was Muscle Milk And I Came Out A Town Hero (My Chuck Norris Run-in!!

courtesy of elite's very own sofageorge
"Night of the Golden Rain"

"I worked for a video arcade in 1980. The owner was a complete arrogant dickhead. He was always mean to me... border line abusive... but I was chasing the cat for food and really needed the job.

The arcades didn't use quarters... they used tokens... and all the machines had Master locks on the token cash boxes. The attendants didn't have keys to the locks because the owner didn't trust us... but we had a big drawer full of opened unused Master locks that matched the key for when they got new machines. (They owned about 5 arcades.)

I had worked there for a year and a half. I was the ONLY non family employee... all the owner's brother-in-laws poker buddies etc... worked there... and they were all lazy ass wipes who stole from him. One day he transfered me to another arcade that was FOR SALE. I asked him about it, basically saying I had been an honest employee, worked hard. I was the only one who ever cleaned the place... needed my job, and he was now transfering his shiftless brother inlaw to my job... and sending me to the company that was about to close. He SWORE he'd keep me working when the other arcade closed.

I'm not stupid.

The life blood of his business was cash flow. He needed the money (tokens) going into the machines to make the payments on his equipment, rent, payroll, etc...

At night I started hacksawing the locks off machines. I'd dump the tokens in a suitcase... then slap a fresh lock on the machine. In no time at all I had over $80,000 in tokens... a hell of a lot of money back in 1980. (And very heavy. You couldn't carry it all at once.)

Then the arcade sold.

I immediately asked the owner about my job. He gave me the 'sorry, but you work at the arcade that's closing routine' so basically I was out of a job and screwed... and he didn't keep his word.

That night I got several friends to help me. We took the tokens at night and scattered them all over the local junior high school yard. We left bags of them near the circle where the transients hung out. We sprinkled them along the main drag on the downtown mall.

People who remember it call it the "Night of the Golden Rain." We dropped those little gold tokens everywhere.

The next day kids woke up and found free FREE FREE arcade tokens everywhere in town.

The arcades were jammed with kids playing the machines for free. Paying customers couldn't get near them if they wanted to... plus homeless guys were standing in the doorway offereing to sell 10 tokens for a dollar when the arcade's vending machines sold only 5.

We kept this up for a couple weeks... tokens on the school yards... tokens near the homeless camp.... etc...

The arcades all closed a couple months later. The owner couldn't make his payments. The last I heard he was selling used cars."

Re: All I Wanted Was Muscle Milk And I Came Out A Town Hero (My Chuck Norris Run-in!!

SoKlueles said:
lol that was funny

its only the tip of the ice burg

he is a true talent :artist:

jackangel said:
just to throw this out there, let's remember that this post should be verified via checks done on the internets. of course, this is merely a formality and is actually for your benefit, mr. -lmao-. once our team has determined that you did not in fact steal this (i haven't read it, nor do i make any claims as to its quality) piece off the webs, you will get your propers.

sorearms, please, we need a mexican to finally do some research around here. do it. do it.

That was a great story - hadn't seen that one yet!

:)

-LMAO- said:
Why are these dudes acting like pricks, omega?

that seems to be the welcome wagon way to welcome newbe's to the board.

awittyusername said:
This guy might be funny, but he is going to have to earn it after getting introduced by you.

Its kind of like Hittler introducing someone to a synagog.

LOL
so true.

btw, can someone give me cliffnotes to the story?

Top Bottom