Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Adding glucose to protein

zitzit5

Sorry but this is another newbie question.

I am currently taking whey protein after working out, been told to add glucose to it but I am trying to cut down on the amount of fat in my body, so would it be a good idea to add glucose powder to my protein?

Thanks

I am currently taking whey protein after working out, been told to add glucose to it but I am trying to cut down on the amount of fat in my body, so would it be a good idea to add glucose powder to my protein?

Thanks

Start with why (and for that matter who) they said to add it - did they explain?

And to answer to the person's question you can do that but you probably need to take those calories away from somewhere else.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

this nonsense started years ago when guys started abusing insulin post workout. so they would drink carb shakes to prevent a blood sugar crash.

we get TOO MUCH sugar as it is, so adding more is incredibly straight up STUPID. whoever told you that is very uneducated on nutrition

stay away from insulin, stay away from sugar, stay away from these carb powders unless you want to GET FAT.

It's probably this idea that you need that insulin spike to drive protein in to the muscles which actually isn't true.

Oh I know the theory. I was think as to whther it was a buddy or a gym employee etc.

If you are trying to cut, adding a simple sugar like glucose into your diet would be a terrible idea.

Stick with whole food carbohydrate sources like oatmeal, rice etc

Thanks
For what reason do you want to add it? Purely for post workout carbs? As others pointed out, not needed. If you need the carbs in your diet, eat them from good sources. This is especially a bad idea if your trying to get or stay lean. Or keep bodyfat at bay.

Top Bottom