Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To add flax or not add flax, that's my dilemma

abrocketsfan

I've got a strange dilemma...

I've been consuming about 3100-3200 calories a day for about 8 weeks now and i've been training with weights about 5 times a week. Things have been going great.

Now, I'm hearing about how flax seed oil should be added to my diet, so here's the deal.

Should i add a tablespoon or two of flaxseed oil to my diet and go up to about 3400 calories a day or should I stay at 3200 because it's getting me lean results?

My goal is to gain lean mass. I know that eating too much more than what I use up will result in some fat accumulation, not to mention eating too much fat, which is why I don't see how adding flaxseed oil into the diet will help my cause.

I'm 19 , 5"7', male. Right now, my food breakdown is 55% carbs, 28% protein, 17%fat. I just don't understand how adding 28 grams of fat to my body will make me more cut or help add lean mass. I know it has other benefits, but the only reason I'd take it right now is if it helps me gain lean mass. So, if anyone out there can tell me if it helps to gain lean mass or not, please share. Even a yes (...as in add 1 or 2 tablespoons to your diet) or a no (...as in leave things as they are) would be helpful. Thanks

PS: I know the BEST thing to do is to get rid of some of the fat i'm eating now and substitute it with this , but that's now possible right now.

I personally would add the flax... remember that this is
essential fats that will not be stored by the body. But
in fact I believe that it will help you pass some of the
other fat that you are consuming out of your body...

Definitely add the flax, or Udo's Choice.

Here's an article by Udo Erasmus:

http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/articles/udoerasmus.htm

The recommendation is 1 tbls/50 lbs (Udo's). Will Brink recommends 1 tbls/75 lbs.

In either case, flax oil will block fat storage, increase fat burning, and are anti-catabolic. Can't get much better than that.

The other recommendation is to increase anti-oxidant intake (Vitamin C, E, etc.) when increasing flax intake.

I'm moving from the tabs to the oil today. Can it be mixed with anything? Shakes maybe? Or is it best to drink it straight?

gymtime said:
I'm moving from the tabs to the oil today. Can it be mixed with anything? Shakes maybe? Or is it best to drink it straight?

YEah i think the idea is just to get it into your system. I changed from the pills to the oil also, much better. Good Luck.

M56M

Bro, seriously add the flax.. drink as much as you can ... i take around 4-5 tablesspoons a day and i'm getting ripped.. ever since i started taking it.. i could see veins in my arms that i never knew existed.. it's definitly one of the best things i ever heard of..

EFA's should be a part of everyone's diet... whether bulking, dieting, or maintanance- they are essential in that the body cannot produce them... we must add them.
Flax seems to 'rule' here on the board...however ratio in flax is not optimal for best w6/w3 intake.
Much info on 'search' on the boards concerning healthy fats, EFA's, better fat loss thru adding proper fats....
Maybe see Udo Eramus' website at udoerasmus.com...known as the 'godfather of fats'.

Top Bottom