Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Acne with ON supplements

Vusal123

Since I started using my new supplements from On Ihave been having some rather bad acne. This is the first time it ishappening to me – never thought that just supplements can causethese problems. Apart from changing the brand, when can be done?Bought so many of their supplements, that I just cant afford to throwthem all away.

I agree with @stevesmi - most probably there is something in the ingredients that is causing acne for you. I am pretty sure that it is lactose. If there is no lactose, the simplest solution would be to change the supplements for something else, because even though this side effect is well plausible, it should not take place.

It's the protein powder that is causing the acne flair up. ON gold whey is a whey protein concentrate/isolate blend. It's the whey concentrate in the product that is causing the acne flair up.

There are two main types of whey
protein available: a whey protein isolate and a whey protein concentrate. The problem with a whey protein concentrate is that it will contain a few grams of lactose (the milk sugar naturally occurring in dairy products) per serving. The majority of adult humans have a lactose sensitivity which can cause GI issues, acne, skin rashes etc.

A whey protein isolate on the other hand is essentially pure protein and will have no lactose. You will not get acne when using a pure whey isolate.

For now - start taking a lactase enzyme with each protein shake you consume. Once you use up the protein powder, switch to a 100% pure whey isolate.

There is definitely something in the supplements that are causing this issue. You need to have an allergy test or food sensitivity test done to find out what it is. In any event, I would stop taking them.

Top Bottom