Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Acid/Alkaline Balance

buddy28

Ive read that body builders should ingest foods that are high in alkalinity (vegetables, fruits) as opposed to acidic fatty foods that promote protien breakdown.

"when your system becomes too acidic your body breaks down protein at an accelerated rate.When you can alkalinize it(w/baking soda and alkaline forming foods-fruit and vegetables)you slow down the protein breakdown.Hence,avoiding too many acid forming foods(including beer,starches,fried foods) and using a bit of baking soda a couple of times a day and especially before and during a workout should improve results as well as make you healthier and able to utilize nutrients better"

Has anyone tried supplmenting there diet with 2-3 teaspoons of baking soda to reduce acidity in the body? Does it help?

Bump, Even if this helps only slightly I would think it'd be worth it, considering baking sodas cost (liquid or powder?)

Does baking Soda have calories? what are they considered carbs?

oh and what about viniger would assume the opposite but I thought it had good uses? What are they? Same questions for this as backing soda.

Yep that's a good thought/observation. A former powerlifter and friend of mine used to supplement with baking soda, he said it helped more than any other "supplement" he'd tried (creatine, etc.)

worth looking in too, I don't know the dosage or how you could stomach the stuff? but heh?

Top Bottom