x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

40grams of Protien Powder vs. 40 grams of Chicken Protien

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about 40grams of Protien Powder vs. 40 grams of Chicken Protien within the Bodybuilding Supplements category.

Excerpt: How much protien powder do you think equals 40 grams of real protien? Or do you actually think that 40grams of EAS Pure Protien is the same as 8oz of chicken that also has about 40 grams of protien?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I dont think protein farts are a sign of bad protein...it happens when you consume too much protein at a time. Your body can only absorb so much at a time...when you exceed that amount, the protein gets broken down by bacteria in the colon...the result: gas

So if you do get protein farts...that is a sign that you are consuming too much at a time, and wasting your money. The answer: eat less protein per sitting, but eat more frequently...

Good Broly
    From my experience real food like chicken, beef, etc. are much better then protein powders.

The only protein shake I use is postworkout.

I will always chose real food over protein powder.....

Pro Bodybuilder
    Originally posted by johnboy
    Real protein from food sources is better quality IMO.
    have to agree...
    protein from powders is processed from milk, soy, whey, etc... while protein from chicken is natural (not dehydrated).

Pro Bodybuilder
    I'm still confused....

I guess the answer is to mix the two.

Eat your chicken as a normal meal....but throw in some protien powder with every meal?

IMO protien powders are best right after a workout because its absorbed faster and floods the mucles. But as a hardgainer like myself, i grow more by eating more quality foods like chicken, steak, tuna, salmon etc.

I think the Protien powders are for in between meals and for bedtime time charging. I think you need to combine them both actually.

If it comes down to which one should i take for lunch, My answer would def be the chicken. If it were between lunch and dinner, then i'd say protien powder.

Oh yea a good way to tell which protiens are for real are by the simple fact on whether or not they make there own shit. If they have other companies do it for them, like designer... then you have a better chance that the label doesn't meet their claims.

Scaggs

Pro Bodybuilder
    I know this topic has been beaten to death....BUT

Then whats the best powder?

I've been taking EAS & Iso pure, But i thought that designer was pretty good.

Originally posted by SUST-MAN
    Silent....Then what brand do you use?

I have yet to purchase the fart-less protien powder.
    I like Twinlab's whey, which may be discontinued. I used to like NOW brand, but the formula and quality has changed.

I may have been pushing it a little when I said it's worthless if it gives you gas, but it is a sign of cheap powder. (I still say it's worthless if it gives you significant gas.) A cheap protein will drop into your bowel and ferment. Quality protein will actually slow your gastric emptying rate - and with the fast absorbtion of quality whey this should leave little to none to ferment in your bowel. Of course eating more than you can digest properly may be a problem...

Silent Method has a good point. if you get a lot of gas from your protein, then the stuff is prally junk and not quality whey or you might be taking in too much in one shot for your body to handle.

I've switched up a lot. an unbelievable protein but very pricey ($60 for 4lbs i think it is)would be Champion Nutrition's Met-Max. it has red meat protein, whey, kic, okg, anticat's, creatine, and lots more. my first year i used it and put on 12lbs of lean mass. second year i switched to Muscle-Tech's Nitro Tech - Most people here will FLAME Muscle-Tech because they over or Super-OVER-EXAGGERATE their adds. True but their Nitro Tech Whey Protein is really good. That protein worked great for me. But now i'm on Prolabs Ecydvone Protien. Its a good whey and it has the russians Ecdysterone combined with Methoxyflavone. I like it and it seams to be helping me grow. I will soon be adding Prolabs Nlarge for bulk.

Scaggs