Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

40grams of Protien Powder vs. 40 grams of Chicken Protien

so then.....as far as protien goes....

I'm better off saving my cash and drinking protien shakes instead of buying steak?

Cmon....

When i have chicken....i dont fart my ass off like when i drink protien shakes

I don think any of the chicken protien is wasted.....but powder is.

My .02 cents

SUST-MAN said:

Cmon....
When i have chicken....i dont fart my ass off like when i drink protien shakes
That hilarious!!!! :FRlol: I thought i was the only person effected by PFS- the "Protein Fart Syndrome!"

I got say that, if your protein is exactly what it says it is, then 40gms is 40gms- no matter what source it's from. Having said that, food is obviously better tasting, cheaper, absorbed more effectively (40% of whey gets used immediately as energy), and longer lasting. Hell, i just had a 20gm shake and a 3 oz piece of stake and i'm starting to get hungry again. But protein is protein... Bulldog is correct.

"How much CHICKEN do you have to eat to equal 40gram of Whey Protein you just ate. Like 4 chicken pieces, 1 lb of chicken, etc. etc.?? "

THats not really what i meant. Thanks anyway.

What i meant was...

SHOULD I WASTE MY MONEY ON CHICKEN??? or should i just settle for powder?

I am just talking about the protien here....not all the other nutrients.

Personally, i dont feel that powder can even compare. Its like the difference between suppliments & real foods.

Wouldnt you think that eating real cranberries, is better than cranberry extrace pills?

Thanks!

SUST-MAN said:
How much protien powder do you think equals 40 grams of real protien?

Or do you actually think that 40grams of EAS Pure Protien is the same as 8oz of chicken that also has about 40 grams of protien?

why wouldn't it? caloric value of both is the same

why? Because on is natural and one is chemical.

My point is this....when you drink alot of protien powder....alot of it does not get broken down in your body....ferments....and causes the bad gas....

I dont seem to have this problem with Chicken, Tuna, or steak....which leads me to believe that i am able to use the majority of the REAL FOOD protien.

I've done the same thing that jibbyjabba did, only my shake was post workout, and it was a whey-casein combo drink, and i noticed by far better workouts using the "mostly whole food approach" as opposed to the "tons of shakes approach"...

YUM

SUST-MAN said:
why? Because on is natural and one is chemical.

My point is this....when you drink alot of protien powder....alot of it does not get broken down in your body....ferments....and causes the bad gas....

I dont seem to have this problem with Chicken, Tuna, or steak....which leads me to believe that i am able to use the majority of the REAL FOOD protien.

which one exactly is chemical?.........lol

what are you saying? whey protein is synthesised? its isolated from milk, and its caloric content is identical to the solid food that you eat, further more it has a superior amino acid profile to that of chicken breast or steak, the only difference is its absorption rate is much faster then the solid protein, so in a sence much more of the whey gets absorbed then the solid protein simply due to the fact that whey is in liquid form

First let me say I'm a big advocate of the "food first mentality." However, when it comes to the search for the best source of protein I think whey stands above the rest.

For starters, whey protein has the highest biological (BV) value of any protein source, between 110 to 159, compared to chicken's BV of 79. Now I've seen some bodybuilding articles by various gurus who claim that BV is an irrelevant measure of protein quality. Bullshit. BV is a direct measure of the amount of protein retained and used in the body compared to the amount absorbed. Gram for gram, whey compared to chicken protein, you get much more from whey.

Couple whey's superior BV with its quality amino profile and it begins to look even better. For instance, chicken contains only negligible amounts of alanine. If you don't get enough dietary alanine, your body must catabolize muscle to make it.

Yes, most whey preparations are absorbed and digested very rapidly. This is not a bad thing - it adds to the functionality of the food for athletes. I believe that pure whey isolate is actually digested slowly, so you could still utilize whey for long intervals (night time, etc.). Regardless, whey is a great tool to be utilized as such - not necessarily a food substitute.

BTW, I hate to break it to you guys - if your whey supplement gives you gas its worthless. I hesitate to bring this up because I know that for so many of you mere suggestion that those familiar "protein farts" you've been putting up with for so long are not only unnecessary, but in fact indicative of a cheap low grade product may upset you.

Last edited:
Silent....Then what brand do you use?

I have yet to purchase the fart-less protien powder.

I thought EAS & Metr-x make pretty good products? Am i wrong?

Which powder do you prefer?

Top Bottom