Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2 questions about protein.

second that... i won't even touch deli meats... everything that nelson said is true and not to mention the crazy amounts of sodium they are loaded with... its just nasty how they are made... i definitely do not recommend them at all...

About the whole "you have a 45min-1hr window to get your protein in after a workout," that's a common misunderstanding... it refers to a metabolic window, not a digestive window. With this in mind, I think eating enough quality protein in your pre-workout meal (or preworkout shake) is more important than racing to the locker room to chug protein after lifting. It takes awhile for your body to process the protein/carbs you eat, so your preworkout meal/shake will be falling into this metabolic window, not your post workout shake. So don't freak if you can't have ur pwo shake or meal in the locker room, just get home and eat a good meal as soon as you reasonably can.

Protein shakes are supposed to supplement your diet, meaning most of your protein should still come from solid foods.

second that... i won't even touch deli meats... everything that nelson said is true and not to mention the crazy amounts of sodium they are loaded with... its just nasty how they are made... i definitely do not recommend them at all...

i see... so my main sources of energy through the school day are sandwiches with deli meat, fruits, usually portable fruits like apples and bananas, and granola bars (ive made my own because the store bought ones have a lot of crap in them, but sometimes they're just more convenient).

So what's a good thing to pump up a sandwich with if deli meats are crap?

Top Bottom