Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1AD and increased fat

Sleepy

i would assume that since 1AD does not aromatize then the addition of fat and water retention, signs of increase in estrogen, would not happen. then the only addition to the body that 1AD would add would be lean dry muscle. The muscle that i believe everyone is going after. does this sound correct? if not feel free to correct.
However, i continue to read that people's %bf is increasing while on 1AD. This does not make sense unless the fat is do to over consumption of calories. I do not know people's diets but just interesting to me.

Generally, whenn people go on mass building cycles, they increase their caloric intake so that they can gain weight. It is a given that people will increase their bf in the process, it's called periodization. Bulking... then cutting. Whoever say that their natural and they can increase lean muscle mass without putting on a little extra no-so-lean mass is eith superhuman or full of crap

A person's ability to add muscle while not gaining fat, or while actually losing fat, is highly individual. For instance someone who is out-of-shape, can easily put on muscle while losing fat, through starting a simple basic exercise program. Too bad for most of us it does not stay that easy. As we all know, it becomes more difficult as you get in better shape to achieve the same rate of re-partitioning. But how quickly this occurs and to what degree will vary from person to person, is dependant on a wide variety of factors, and the solutions will vary with the individual as well, and may well include hormonal supplements. I just think such broad statements as "it is not possible to gain muscle while not gaining fat" distract from the basic principles of proper training and nutrition and favor the mindset that roids or other cheat methods are the only way to achieve the desired result. This weak mindset is unfortunate and precludes many from accumulating the sweat equity that will make them less reliant on the roid cycles to maintain that well-earned foundation. As far as cycles go, most people tend to eat more to get the maximum benefit and roids can also have varying direct effect on the appetite. So as far as gaining muscle vs. fat goes, it will vary with the state of training of the individual and their diet. If the individual was very highly stagnated in their training and the muscles really primed, the addition of the hormone could partition the right nutrients very efficiently to muscularity. While for the less advanced athlete, the higher caloric intake could be partitioned less efficiently with more fat accumulation. Regarding 1-AD specifically, somebody else could better speak as to how it would stack up in comparison to other pro-hormones or roids regarding nutrient partitioning. In general though I think real world results can be highly individual based on the variety of factors and influences I have touched upon.

Last edited:
Triple _] - Well said, I have been trying for years to relay the same information to people where I live, but there's just too many people clinging to old beliefs and don't want to look at each person as an individual instead of making broad statements.

sleepy said:
i would assume that since 1AD does not aromatize then the addition of fat and water retention, signs of increase in estrogen, would not happen. then the only addition to the body that 1AD would add would be lean dry muscle. The muscle that i believe everyone is going after. does this sound correct? if not feel free to correct.
However, i continue to read that people's %bf is increasing while on 1AD. This does not make sense unless the fat is do to over consumption of calories. I do not know people's diets but just interesting to me.

two things may explain this. First of all, increased thickness in the skin due to water retention may falsely increase caliper readings. Remember that even though 1-AD does not aromatize, it still is may increase water retention somewhat due to direct androgenic activity (this varies from person to person)

another thing is that steroids in some people can increase appetite alot, and if one does not watch what they eat then fat gain is inevitable.

certainly 1-AD does not have any direct effects on fat deposition though

Re: Re: 1AD and increased fat

pa1ad said:

two things may explain this. First of all, increased thickness in the skin due to water retention may falsely increase caliper readings. Remember that even though 1-AD does not aromatize, it still is may increase water retention somewhat due to direct androgenic activity (this varies from person to person)

another thing is that steroids in some people can increase appetite alot, and if one does not watch what they eat then fat gain is inevitable.

certainly 1-AD does not have any direct effects on fat deposition though

Also, in case you have not noticed, most of these people claiming that they are getting fat on 1-AD just happen to be stacking it with a testosterone or nor precursor (i.e. 4-AD). these two hormones of course can aromatize. I have had very few people on 1-AD alone say they think they are getting fat

I think I have one of the posts that might be read as increased fat while using 1-AD/4-derm. I have put on a lot of weight in the past week. At the same time though, I know what I look like when I am "bloated" and I know what I look like when I put on fat. I also know WHERE I put on fat (gut) first.

I "look" like I and holding water, don't how else to say it. Also, this is EVERYWHERE not particularly in my gut, my cloths literally feel like, and my calipers measure as if, I got ever so slightly thicker uniformly across my entire body.

Most importantly, still none of the really annoying side effects that other people have complained about. Even took one dose (200mgs) 1-AD w/o any food, no problem...

Midway through week 4, bumped up to 400 mg a day (from 300 per day for the 1st three weeks), and my weight and body fat has pretty much remained constant.....variations of 2 to 2.5% body fat, and 4 or 5 pounds have been noted, but those types of variations are nothing different than what I was experiencing pre-1AD, so I'm not worried about it.

Strength has increased (I'll post some stats later), but overall body mass has not increased or decreased appreciably. I have not changed my diet much since I started my cycle. Do my best to eat "cleanly" during the week, let myself go a bit during the weekend. I've maybe bumped my protein intake up a bit, but not significantly.

No sides for me either....at least, not after the first couple of days...maybe some mild stomach upset from time to time, but nothing that 180 mg of simethicone can't handle.

I would have to agree with Triple J and PA, that increased caloric intake would be a probable cause of bf% increasing while bulking on a prohormone cycle. Between that and the water retention that PA spoke of, that would probably explain the increased caliper measurements

Top Bottom