Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

10% to 7% by mid September recommendations?

My question is cardio. There's alot of speculation whether I should do 3-4 sessions of 30minutes of a good jog where my heart rate is like 85% of max.. Or if I should do HIIT for 15minutes for 2 days, you know? Stuff like that.

85% HR jogging etc is purely aerobic work. You burn cals while doing it but once you done thats end of story. Lots of calculators around but if you run the numbers of duration, speed bodyweight etc you will find that 30 minute jog will likely only burn a couple hundred calories, why not just cut 200 cals from diet and rest?

Now if you look at HIIT, complexes etc they can range form lactate/power type stuff up to aerobic type stuff depending on how ya do it and just how much effort you put in. If you truly give 110% for your short interval in the HIIT/tabata style workout you will actually cause an EPOC effect (ie Excess post oxygen consumption). While its true that DURING your 8 minite HIIT/Tabata workout you wont burn as many cals as during your 30 minute jog, the effects of the HIIT/Tabata last for 12+ hours and the EPOC has shown to burn significantly more cals over a 24 hour period than your jog ever could.

At the sme time the HIIT/tabata style workouts dont cause the cortisol dump you get from long duration aerobic work, and they increase your v02max as well as your ability to work under lactic acid buildup.

Now if your a triathlete of marathoner, run all day long, but dont expect to keep any muscle or look very good. There is a reason endurance sports people look like they do, its because all of the long duration cardio. Im guessing you want to cut to show off some muscles, not bony protrusions :)

Top Bottom