Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CUTTING DIET MADE EASY...

BigAndy69

Your Canadian Idol
Platinum
I am posting a diet that I've developped after 2 months of dieting. I have made modifications, I use 1.6g of protein for the first three days, but less carbs on day 6(2.2), and day 4-5, (0.9)

Now I am 188, and I am using adipo.

The fat intake is a little off, but you should eat 11-12 cals X bodyweight in lbs, depending how active you are, or if you are on gear.

<<This is an email I wrote for someone that was 165 lbs and 10% BF. You can change the values to suit your weight. You should obviously be eating 5-7 times a day. Don't stay more than 12 weeks on this diet. I am currently using a modified version of it, and I went from a fat 202lbs to pretty solid 191 lbs with no fat burner in about 5 weeks, and actual muscle gain. I have to tell you that when I started I had not been in the gym for 7 months because of a rotator cuff injury.

Here is the diet:

Alright, 165lbs and you wanna cut: it's gonna be hard. In your case at 10%, you need to count every gram of food you take in. How old are you by the way?

Day1-Day3: 165 X 0.4g of carbs: 66g of carbs
165 X 1.75g of protein: 288g of protein
33g of fat.

Day4-Day5: 165 X 1g of carbs: 165g of carbs
165 X 1.3g of protein: 215g of protein
35g of fat.

Day6 : 165 X 3g of carbs: 495g of carbs
165 X 1g of protein: 165g of protein
42g of fat.

Day7: 165 X 1g of carbs: 165g of carbs
165 X 1.3g of protein: 215g of protein
35g of fat.

Day 7 should be a repeat of the cycle, but I am pretty lazy so I just go back to a day4-day5 type diet. Unless you feel that your muscles are flat, repeat Day1 on Day7. If you feel really flat and feel that you are losing muscle, cut Day1-Day3 to only 2 days and Day7 would be a repeat of the cycle, get it? On those low carb days 60% your carbs should be consumed post-workout, so 40g in your case. Split everything in 6 meals plus a post workout drink.>>

Big andy, whatup man, i understand the reason behind the carb cycling, but could you explain why the protein amounts fluctuate just as much?
Is there a certain ratio for proteins:carbs that must be kept? WHy not keep protein the same?

All in all, could you go behind the whole THEORY or better yet, the REASON behind the diet\?

thanks, thatd be appreciated

Well, the caloric intake is what fluctuates more than anything else. The first three days, caloric intake is set at 10.75 cals per lb of bodyweight. The next 2 days, it is set at 11.5. Carb-up is at 20 cals per lb of body weight to speed up your metabolism. Sunday or Day7 should really be a repeat of the cycle, but I just don't have the discipline. So I eat less at carb-up and repeat a moderate 11.5 cals day on sunday.

Basically, you don't keep the protein the same because you need to keep your calories in check, more than anything else.

BTW, the fat for the 165 lbs guy is off, it should be 20% of total calories.

BigAndy, I like the diet alot, but wouldnt it make alot of sense to train on the days carb intake is higher and not so depleted..

NJstacked, the only concern should be cardio. Some people will lose muscle doing cardio and others will not. when carbs are really low, insulin is suppressed and, how do I put this, fat stores kind of "open up". This is why it is better to do low intensity cardio for a long time on those low carb days. When you eat more carbs cardio must be increased but for shorter periods of time to burn more calories.

Training heavy is going to be challenging the first 2 weeks or so because your body is adapting to using protein as its main source of fuel.

The only time you absolutely shouldn't do cardio is carb-up day. You need those calories.

There is this misconception that finding the right diet is easy its not. You can't simply say, I'll follow this and It will work for me. I constantly make changes. For example, I have increase my protein intake to 1.7 instead of 1.6 and I have decreased cardio. You need to keep making adjustments until you get it right.

Some ppl will feel that there muscles get flat during the third day. If so, decrease the day1-day3 to only 2 days, also making Day6 a repeat of the cycle.

This diet is excellent for use with gear by the way.

BigAndy, I appreciate all of your knowledge and help...However if you could anser one more question I would greatly appreciate it...I workout Chest-Monday, Back Tues, shoulders Wednesday, Legs Thurs, Arms Friday,,,When Should my DAY 1 part of the diet start....I feel like the carb loading day should be the day before i start my Chest day or on the chest day...How do you train around this type of diet...????THANKS, NJSTACKED

Originally posted by BigAndy69:
Training heavy is going to be challenging the first 2 weeks or so because your body is adapting to using protein as its main source of fuel.

Whoa. You mean, your body is adapting to utilizing ketones as energy, not protein, right? Burning protein is exactly what we don't want. This is not a ketogenic diet, however, so maybe you can explain.

I respect your option and experience, but could you explain something for me... Why the carb cycling?

Well, I am sorry to everyone who I have deceived. This is my second week with stict adherence to this terribly insane diet. What was I thinking, only an insane son of a bitch would go on 0.4g of carbs for 3 days in a row. The first 2 days were great, I wasn't flat or that tired. Today I feel like total shit. Why you ask? Because I was training 9 times a week. That's right NINE times a week. I went from 188 to 183 but I seem to have lost some muscle.

It takes a big man to admit to being wrong. I was wrong. Unless you don't do much cardio(I was doing cardio 4 times a week), or you are on gear, this diet is impossible to follow for more than 2 weeks without taking someone's head off, and without your muscles going flat.

These are the modifications I am making:

First week:
-day1-day3: first phase
-day4-day5: second phase
-day6: third phase
-You Must repeat the cycle(first phase) on day 7

Second week to end:
-day1-day2: first phase
-day3-day4: second phase
-day5: third phase
-You Must repeat the cycle(first phase) on day 6

NJstacked: On those low calorie days, you need to eat most of your carbs post workout. Today I trained arms on 31g of carbs. Post workout I took in 45g of carbs. Keep training the way you do, just cycle your food intake. Cardio is what you should be concerned with.

It's hard to train on low calories but it is very possible to train hard with an eca stack. You just feel like shit after the workout.

JB3, When calories are lowered, the body looks for another source of fuel. It can be the glucose in your muscles, that's what we don't want. When you decrease the carbs so much, the body will use the excess(1.75g) protein as fuel. If you eat 1.75g of protein per lb of bodyweight, you have enough for the muscles and for fuel.

This is a shock diet, this is why we cycle carbs, your body never knows what to expect.

I'm sorry If I am not giving you complete answer, but I am extremely tired right.

I will post my exact diet later.

I forgot to add that for the record, I don't know jack shit about keto diets. Everyone that I know who've tried did not hold their coditions after coming off.

Top Bottom