Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

carbs & gear?

rmurf62

Hi. I've been reading the board for a while, gathering useful info as I go along. Now a question or two about diet. I'm 5'10", started a keto (basic atkins) diet 2 weeks ago @202 and I'm currently 194, losing fat quickly and don't seem to be losing any muscle. I'm a basic beefy/chunky irish boy - gain muscle easy, gain fat even easier. Going to stick with the keto diet for 2 more weeks becuase it does seem to work, then I think I'm going to try a cutting cycle (winny 50mg eod, fina 50mg eod). It's my first cycle, I'm hoping to cut up as much as I can, and (hopefully) gain about 10lbs muscle in the process. The question is: can I stay on low carbs on a cutting cycle? If I keep proteins high (200-250g day) and carbs low (100 g day), will I still gain muscle? I know there's enormous differences in opinion regarding carbs, but carbs just seem to equal fat with my metabolism.

------------------
There's plenty of businesses like show business.

no you will not gain muscle on 250 g protein and 100g carbs... that would be a CDK diet not ad 'atkins' diet
the only way to cut up and put on a little amount of muscle is BODYOPUS

My 2cents
Mr.X

I suppose I should have clarified the 100g of carbs issue. I'm currently on strict ketogenic, <20g of carbs a day, no carb days. In about 2 weeks I'd like to shift to a more modified "maintenance" diet that would keep me from regaining all this fat, so: roughly 250g protein ED, 100g carbs ED, fat perhaps 50g ED. (sort of modified zone with heavy heavy protein) I know some people swear that you need high carbs to gain muscle, but I just seem to get fat really, really fast from heavy carbs.

------------------
There's plenty of businesses like show business.

THE DIET YOUR ON WILL MAKE U LOSE FAT I'M NOT SURE ABOUT GAINS BUT I DID THE BODYOPUS AND I HAD TO EAT ALOT TO MAKE GAINS SO TO YOU I;D EAT MORE PROTIEN PER SERVEING CAUSE THATS THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT IS BRING YOUR CALORIES UP YOU SHOULD GET DAN DUCHAIES BOOK ABOUT BODYOPUS IT WORKS AWSOME

Top Bottom