Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post workout carbs (Dextrose in particular)

Valdez

I just bought 11lbs of dextrose for 10.00 so now it's time to put it to use. I'm thinking just go 100g of dextrose with 40-50 grams of protein post workout, no fat at all. I would drink the dextrose in water with a little cool-aid flavoring and the protein shake in water. I also ordered some fruit punch protein from protein factory with no sweetener in it so I will just add the dextrose.

I weigh 205lbs does anyone know a formula or how much simple carbs you should take after an intense 60 min workout?

Hey. Read Urlu's post a few posts down from yours. I think it covers what you need answered. Good luck.

I cant remember where i read it(maybe test.net) that 0.8g/kg Bw is the optimal dosage.
I personally use 4 heaped tablespoons of dextrose, 3 tablespoons of whey isolate and i teaspoon of creatine mixed with a bottle of lucozade (500ml).
This probably yields about 70g carbs, 40 grams protein and very little fat.

I'm 94kg so 0.8*94 would be 75g of dextrose, and I take it with 40g of protein also with 5g of creatine at the moment. ok. I've heard people say 100g maybe there spouting the "more is better" gig.

thanks.

Dextrose is the trivial name given to crystalline D-Glucose. It is a Monosaccharide sugar and is widely distributed in the plant Kingdom. It is largely manufactured by Acid/Enzyme hydrolysis of starch, usually corn starch. Dextrose is available in the Monohydrate and Anhydrous form.
Maltodextrins are derived from corn starches. They are classified by dextrose equivalent or DE, which is a measure of the reducing sugars present calculated as dextrose and expressed as a percentage of the total dry substance. Maltodextrins can go up to 20 DE. At and above 20 DE, the product is classified as Corn Syrup Solids. The lower the D.E., the less sweet and the more like starch the maltodextrin is. As the D.E. decreases from 20 to 1, the maltodextrins also decrease in solubility. Above a D.E. of 20, the product is corn syrup solids, is completely soluble, and therefore imparts significant sweetness.

TBM

LOL at Boogieman...

a trainer a my gym showed me in some research paper that 1g per kg of dextrose of LBM with 30-50g of whey protein in water is the way to go.

Top Bottom