Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CKD Diet day 4 morning still read negative

Enock

damnit, these stick better not be defective. I rather have spent $13 on some ineffective supplement at least I'd have a sligh placebo effect going for me. Yesterday I ate as follows
3 eggs
2 spam
4 eggs
spam
6eggs
1650/1170 (calories/fatcalories)
The day prior I ate very similar
and the day before that I had fatty kabsi so it was a bit different. So I'm on morning of day 4 still with a negative read sticks don't even begin to change color. Today I'm cutting out the eggs, still I think I should be in ketosis being that the eggs contain less than a carb, even if counted as a carb thats 13 carbs (I had less eggs the previous day) I went running for 30minutes before I went to sleep last night too just to make sure I'd have a good read in the morning god damnit.

Why all that processed Spam?
Try some real meat. Canadian bacon, bacon
(check for added sugar).
You deplete your glycogen stores and hope-
fully go into ketosis during the week, then
you carb. load during the wk.end.
I don't understand how you guys can get into
ketosis quick enough the second time around
to have any fatloss at all considering
your muscles are now storing up to triple
x's the amount of glycogen than the previous
week. Make any sense?
It's gonna take ATLEAST 4 day's to get back
into Ketosis? Is a 1/2 day in ketosis gonna
burn fat?
Also when Mon. comes and your body has glycogen for fuel, where is all the fat
going when your body has enough "prefered"
fuel? We're talking stuffing your face
w/ lots of fat and protein and still not
being in ketosis for almost the whole week.

Someone one give me a reasonable explanation
of how this diet can possibly yield any
results as far as fat loss?

Oh, Enock..I'm not knocking(no pun)you.
Just wondering if this diet indeed works.
Personally I'm on Atkins right now.

I'm planning on going 6 days keto 1 day carb up, and if I find that it takes too long to get into ketosis, I just delay the carbup, since I would want to be in ketosis for a while.

Yeah, that it typically the one point of failure people have on this diet (besides the food) is they can't get into ketosis fast enough to do any good before that carb load. But like I said if I'm not in it long enough I'll just postpone carbup.

Oh and the spam was because I was eating the eggs and I needed fat to balance to 70% spam is 180cals 150of fat. (eggs are like 70/40) Basically I had no baken. And every other meat in the house was either lean or had carbs in it. Plus I'm a lazy bastard and the spam was just there. Today (later in day4) so far I've had nothing but tunafish mixed w/ mayo and I love the taste.

I have some questions here:

1.) what do you eat during the carb-up?

2.) What do you last couple of meals consist of at the end of your carb-up?

3.) What kind of workout and cardio regimine are you following?

4.) Are you taking any glucose disposal agents?

***COMMENTS***

1.) If you are going to follow a 24 hour (1 day) carb-up, then you should have mostly liquid/High GI carbs and protein. This will help reglycogenate the muscles as quickly as possible in the least amount of time. With a 24 hour carb-up, I would keep fat intake as low as possible so that it does not limit and slow down your carb digestion. STAW AWAY FROM FRUCTOSE! Protein does not have to be high.

2.) Your last couple of meals for the carb-up should be high GI foods like Ultra fuel/grape juice and whey protein mixed with water. If you cannot get whey protein, then egg whites should work fine. You want quick digesting meals at the end of the carb-up so that you will utilize them quickly. This helps because after you have your last meal (which is the start of your keto/dieting phase for the week), and it is digested quickly, then the quicker your body will start depleting itself of glycogen. Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

3.) Cardio will help deplete the liver best, while weights will help deplete the muscle better. On Monday and Tuesday, I like to do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach for around 20-40 minutes using high intensity training. Then I will workout in the evening/night and do half my body. I follow this with another 20-40 minute high intensity cardio session. If you train in the morning, then just do the cardio after your workout (on empty stomach of course). I would probably do cardio for an hour in this case. On Tuesday, I do the same, except I train the other half of the body. Heavy weights in the 6-10 rep range should be used for 2-4 sets/bodypart (depending on the muscle group). Wednesday, you should take off the weight training, but add cardio if you are not in ketosis yet.

4.) I love Alpha Lipoic Acid, but it is not a must have. This diet is really effective without supplement use. Of course, I make sure to get my thermos in....
MR. BMJ

Havn't done a carbup yet. started with the keto portion. believe my last carb meal was pasta tho (doh). For cardio, I've been running for about 5mins speed 9 (things read that it kills 100 cals), then biking for around 42min (thing read 400cals) stopped that though, last night I jogged about 3mi and earlier that day I jogged about 1mi. Do my working out as normal. Don't do it hit style always was pretty high on number of sets (not reps thats between 6-12).

oh yeah also take Vandyl Sulfate (can't find ala), bought it because it was dirt cheap for a huge container for $13 (and thats at GNC they wre trying to get rid of it since a newer flashier bottle came out) take about 75mg a day. I liked it because it gave me a good amount of calcium so I didn't need to purchase a calcium supplement. I'm actually not too concerned if it doesn't really help since I really want it right now for calcium. This is I came across and older post stating how lyle thought that mabe it might rpevent ketosis instead of aiding it. because it may keep the sugar in the liver. though it was speculation, couldn't find anything relating that on the net itself. Not sure if theres been anything conclusive or any more rumors of it doing that. or wjhater ever anyone one know whats the updated info on its effect? Don't care if its damn innective just don't want it to be counter productive.

duh... don't you read about atkins and ketosis... there are some people that just never can get into it!

I used milk thistle extract, which helps the liver dump glucose. It's usually at better health food stores. I didn't have much trouble getting into ketosis, but I burned dietary fat, rather than body fat.

Personally, I think (Lyle's experience notwithstanding) this diet works better for people who have a lot of body fat to lose.

Top Bottom