Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cal consumption to low?

bigM

Is it possible to lose weight if you are below cal consumption for your bmr?

I am really over weight. 314 lbs and 6'2' trying to get to at least 260 lbs.

My daily diet is.
(i work nightshift)

4pm whole wheat cereal w/ skim milk
6pm rice cake or tuna or turkey breast sub on wheat bread with mustard
8pm tuna or turkey breast sub if I didnt have it at 6pm
9-10 pm skinless chicken breast w/ salad and/or baked potato

at work 12-8 I will have a banana or some type fo fruit...

here is the info i got from a website

Your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate is 2802.00
BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is the rate of caloric consumption that isneeded to sustain your basic bodily functions. If you were to sleep all day,your body still requires energy; this is your Basal Metabolic Rate.

Your AMR (Active Metabolic Rate) is 3922.80
AMR, or Active Metabolic Rate is your BMR included with your daily activity.If you were to eat a total of 3922.80 calories in a day, you would maintain your weight.

what if i eat to little will i not lose weight as fast?

You shouldn't cut your calories too low, because you body will go into starvation mode and try to hold onto everything you eat. From just a quick look at your diet, it looks like you are getting a ton of carbs, little protein, and hardly any fat. I would suggest going with a 40/30/30 split, where you get 40% of your calories from Protein, 30% from Carbs, and the other 30% from good fats such as nuts, fish oils, etc. Also, stay away from sugar carbs.

I would say to lose weight, try taking in 500 calories less than your maintenance caloric intake in 5 to 7 meals per day and see where that takes you in 4 to 6 weeks. If you are losing around 2 to 3 lbs per week, you're right on target, if you are losing more or less, then you should increase or decrease you caloric intake respectively by 200 calories and see where that takes you in 4 to 6. The key is to monitor your weight and make sure you aren't losing it too fast, or even worse, actually gaining weight. Always weigh in the morning before you eat or drink anything. That will keep the reading from jumping around on you as you will weigh more or less at different times of the day.

Good Luck!

------------------
One Rep Past Death...

I'm going to echo some of the above info...
you need more fat and less carbs ... keep your carbs at 50g and all on the morning breakfast (meal 1) ... only from oatmeal or brown rice
Keep your protein 400-600 g... w/ close to 100 g fat a day (flaxsee oil, fish oil (6000=10,000 mg), 1-2 tbsp ALL NATURAL PEANUT BETTER, Grapeseed oil, olive oil
from this you can see your calories will be between 2800-3200 now w/ this you need to do AM cardio on an empty stomach, and a workout later on followed by low-intensity cardio (45min) on treadmill--- up a hill (3.5-5.5) w/ speed 3.0/3.5
My 2cents
Mr.X

ummmm ... yea it's possible, but in that state you are incredibly catabolic, and would be loosing muscle, sooo ... why would you want to?

super.jpg

Top Bottom