Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carbing UP last three days before show

Buff the Stuff

Can someone post an example diet for Carbing on Wed, Thurs, Friday, and Saturday before a show that is on Saturday. Like what kind of carbs to eat when to eat them and how much each day.

Thanks,

Buff

It's kind of hard to give you a diet. You really need to know how your body responds to certain types of carbs. I will give you a list of what I ate for my comp this past Saturday (I placed 2nd in the middleweight class). On wed I consumed 60g of carbs from sweet potatoes and brown rice every 3 hrs for 5 meals. Protein was a total of 175g for the day. Water at 3 gal for the day.
Thurs I consumed 50g of carbs every 3 hrs for a total of 5 meals and protein remained the same. Again, 3 gal of water.
Fri I cut back on carbs to 30g every 3 hrs but I continued this all night long waking myself up every 3 hrs to take in some carbs. Water should be at 1.5 gal by 6 :eek:oPM on Fri evening and only sips to keep mouth wet at each meal. This will make a big difference as you will be significantly harder at prejudging.
On Sat, prejudging started at 9:00 AM. I timed my last carb meal to be at 5:30AM and about 30 min before I hit the stage I had 2 rice cakes with natural peanut butter and all fruit spread. Between the shows I continued with the 30g of carbs every 3 hrs but I only drank 8oz of water ever 3 hrs. At the night show I had another 2 rice cakes with PB and All Fruit and the only reason I got second was because the guy who beat me was absolutely fantastic, he took the overall. Good luck, hope this helps.

Top Bottom