Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sprinters & the 40 yd dash

A

AFi_04

hey, what up all... i'm new to the board & if you're wondering i play D-IAA football. my question is: you see guys in the nfl running 4.1 40's, but during the sydney olymipics i heard broadcasters saying the women sprinters can run it in the 4.2's. so what do you think maurice green and some other top guys run?? 3.8's??? peace

No bro...I am a D1 football player myself, I read somewhere that these sprinters like Ben Johnson, Maurice Green, Etc...cover the same distance in the same amount of time as the fastest corners and receivers in football, its on the other 60 meters that they separate the olympic sprinters from the football sprinters. And to be honest, anyone that reports a 4.1 isn't telling the truth. Olympic sprinters are timed electronically, and the majority of the 40 yard dashes being reported at 4.2 and 4.1 are manual. I'd be shocked if someone was actually timed at below a 4.3 electronic and his name isn't Maurice Green...

when deion sanders came out of FSU, he ran a 4.19 at a private workout at a olympic training facility in florida... believe me, there are a lot of guys running sub 4.2's... in my opinion, mo greene would smoke any top WR or DB out of the blocks.

------------------
"champions are made in the off season"

man child, what position do you play?? whats your 40?

------------------
"champions are made in the off season"

these forty times are ignorant. when a coach wants a player to have a fast time he will have a quick watch. a good hand timer would have no one in the nfl running a sub 4.2 right now. get an accu trac time on some of these guys and watch the fastest people run a 4.4 ------don't believe the hype
nfl or olympic sprinters.

When world class sprinters run they are coming out of blocks and not a track stance for the 40. They specifically train themselves for that movement. I doubt they could even run a legit 4.3 if they quit track for a long period. As for football players, no one from FSU has done anything in the combine at the 40 accept Dieon. I've heard of players running 4.3s in personal workouts but never in the combine. 4.4 would be the fastest legit time that you would see consistently.

It's true. Micheal Johnson dissed football players by saying that they weren't running up to their potential. For him to break the WR, he said that he would have to cover the first 40 yards in under 3.8 seconds. The thing about mentioning the electronic timer (ET), is that not everyone is using it and it is not the standard means of testing. The League doesn't even use it. But there are plenty of 4.1< guys, but are they really ballas? Peace***

I ran track with Deion at FSU. His fastest 100 was in the high 10.3s. When football players run their forties the clock starts when the coach sees the player move and ends when the coach preceives the runner to cross the line cross. So in a forty you have the coaches reflexes and perceptions that weigh into the time. In such a short sprint it could mean as much as 3 tenths of a second.

Don't get me wrong, Deion was fast, but not the fastest on the team.

[This message has been edited by lc576 (edited April 03, 2001).]

john capel,the sprinter who won the us olympic trials in the 200m is in the new nfl draft magizines,i forgot exactly what 40 yard time they listed him it was 4.3 something,4.31 or 4.39,anyway 4.3 something,anyway he is an olympic sprinter, i havent followed this stuff as much as i use to,i was just a walgreents though and after i looked at the muscle magizines i glanced at that the draft mag real quick,since i havent been following this stuff much the last year or two i dont know what his 100 time is,but i would guess very low 10's if not 10 flat ,or maybe even sub 10,didnt he run around 19.8 at the trails? i dont know,but anyway i just posted because theirs always people online saying they run 4.4 or 4.3 and this is an olympic sprinter and he only ran 4.3 something ,that is what they had him listed it in the draft mag

Top Bottom