Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is your gym hardcore for bodybuilding/strength training?

gorillahung

The gym I go to is the most hardcore in my area. It's not Gold's Venice or anything but it has everything a strength trainer or bodybuilder would need and they don't have stupid rules against grunting, using chalk, etc. Yes, I once trained at a gym that banned grunting. The dumbells go up to 150 lbs. The heaviest I use on anything are 120's for lat rows. Deadlifts are permitted. There are some pretty jacked dudes too. There are some guys that compete in bodybuilding. One guy has an IFBB pro card. It's not Planet Fitness at least!

there was a gym in town like that and they ended up going out of business due to it being too expensive to keep the land. parking lots are very expensive to own or lease and can easily drive any business out.

so i switched over to a golds type of franchise gym. bunch of beta glove wearers and it was a joke. just recently i cancelled, and am searching for a new gym. the meathead gyms are very hard to find because they cannot compete against franchise gyms that charge really low membership prices.

gym rats like us are a very tiny minority of people who go to gyms, people have to realize that, so if you open a gym up like this don't expect to be getting a bunch of new signups walking through your door. you end up with regulars who put a lot of wear and tear on the equipment and facility so it backfires.

worst case scenario find a crossfit gym and train there. don't even do the classes, just go there when there are no classes and you can be shirtless, grunt, yell, throw shit around etc. they are more expensive but atleast you are free. OR build a home gym. you would be shocked at how many practically give away their gym equipment online, they are happy just to clear out space

I'd love to have a home gym but don't have the space. The drawback would be getting a full set of dumbells. I use dumbells sometimes starting at 15 lbs. and going up to 120. I don't know how much a full set would cost.

I train at Shapes here in Winnipeg. The name is certainly deceiving because it's a really good gym that most of the competitors train at.

You are allowed to deadlift, use chalk etc. The dumbbells go up to 200 pounds. It's really a hidden gem.

They are hard to find but you still can find hardcore bodybuilding gyms in most cities. They are all just independently owned and not a chain. You don't have the flexibility of being able to train at a bunch of different locations like you would with a big chain gym but it's a small price to pay for a good atmosphere. I would rather pick a hardcore type gym and pay a drop in fee and a gym if I need to train at a different location then pick a big chain gym any day.

A lot of people compete at my gym including the owner. There were several women bigger and stronger than me when I started going there lol

The gym I go to is the most hardcore in my area. It's not Gold's Venice or anything but it has everything a strength trainer or bodybuilder would need and they don't have stupid rules against grunting, using chalk, etc. Yes, I once trained at a gym that banned grunting. The dumbells go up to 150 lbs. The heaviest I use on anything are 120's for lat rows. Deadlifts are permitted. There are some pretty jacked dudes too. There are some guys that compete in bodybuilding. One guy has an IFBB pro card. It's not Planet Fitness at least!

I train at several gyms due to certain circumstances and they differ so much. In one gym you can you whatever you wish, as long as you clean up after yourself. In another one being jacked is already a problem because you intimidate people. Like srsly, what the hell

My gym is not great at all. It is small and mostly skinny college kids (attached to a college campus). The kids get a free membership with their tuition. Basically there is only 1 squat rack and 4 benches. Dumbbells go up to 100lbs. The issue is that if you have 5 dudes in there it is busy. I am going to be changing in a few months though. The only issue where I live is that it is a rural small town. There really are not much options.

my gym is ideal for contest peeps. there are at least 10+ IFBB pros (mainly bikini and figure) but my gym is a great for those who compete. every Saturday there are posing classes. I love my gym.

Top Bottom