Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are you still growing if you dont feel sore at all

iveking

OK so in june i posted about fracturing my back....After ending my cycle early and doing pct and 6 weeks out of the gym i got the ok from my doc to start training again but not to go heavy...My first week back in the gym i was sore everyday even going lighter and with less intesity but i expected that.

But this week i am not feeling a thing went threw my week without one day of being sore.

So my question is can i still grow without being able to hit the heavy weights
or am i at this point just maintaining?

Any suggest from anyone that had any injuries about getting back into it would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks again
Ive

I dont know about growing but you dont get stronger unless you are progessively lifting heavier and heavier weights.

If you are also talking about soreness, I gauge soreness as not only quality of a workout BUT that i actually did something. If i dont feel sore, i personally dont believe one will grow. Although this contradicts what most people believe, i do believe that you have to feel sore to have a good workout.

If you are hitting each muscle once per week you better hit it hard enough to get at least a little sore. That doesn't mean "can't lift your arms sore" but the next day the muscle should feel tired and fatigued. If you are hitting each muscle multiple times per week you can definitely grow w/o getting sore. It just depends what works for you. I honestly think MOST people would get their best growth doing a full body workout 3x per week. My belief is based on the fact that MOST people don't have the discipline to workout with the intensity required to get results hitting everything only once a week.

bluetwistedsteel67 said:
I honestly think MOST people would get their best growth doing a full body workout 3x per week.

My dilemna is this -- if training HST style is far superior to other methods of training, one would surely think a professional bodybuilder would know this and train is this manner.

Not saying I believe HST is best, or DC, or old school, or whatever -- I dunno, it just makes yah wonder if the way the pros train is really the way to train.

Well, I think the pros are able to train with more intensity than most and that causes them to knock the shit out of a muscle whenever they work it. More than once a week with that kind of intensity is too much.

Actually changing your routine to higher reps/not so heavy might do more than you think. I was happy when I tried it. I trained for a long time always going heavy, then for a while i forced out at least 12 reps with a litlle lighter weight. That was a shock to every muscle i trained.

iveking said:
OK so in june i posted about fracturing my back....After ending my cycle early and doing pct and 6 weeks out of the gym i got the ok from my doc to start training again but not to go heavy...My first week back in the gym i was sore everyday even going lighter and with less intesity but i expected that.

But this week i am not feeling a thing went threw my week without one day of being sore.

So my question is can i still grow without being able to hit the heavy weights
or am i at this point just maintaining?

Any suggest from anyone that had any injuries about getting back into it would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks again
Ive

I broke my right hand around the first week of June, its nothing like your back but I know how you feel.
My body weight fluctuates about 8lbs a day normally for some reason, and I had just done a two week cycle of Sust. when I broke my hand. The pain from the swelling was so unbearable that they ended up taking the cast off a little over 2 weeks after I had it put on. When they took the cast off instead of my fore arm being skinny it had a big huge sack of water just hanging there.
I've finally been back in the gym for about 3 1/2 weeks now. In the beginning I had changed my routine and instead of going heavy, I chose a moderate weight with less rest between sets and exercises, and I tried to be a lot more controlled to work more of the slow twitch fibers. By doing this I became more sore than when I was lifting heavy.
I had lost about 12lbs during my injury, I am now about 3lbs away from where I started. I'm not lifting near as much as I was, but I look just as hard. :supercool

I use lighter weights every few weeks. i dont gain as much with lighter weight but I still make some gains. I had several months of training with a bicep injury and still made good gains, although it was slow gains.

Top Bottom