Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

You guys ever worry about cardiovascular/general health?

jd_uk

Do you guys ever worry about your cardiovascular/general health?

I mean when you're trying to eat shitloads of protein all the time, you're gonna be getting a hell of a lot of bad crap with al that food (sodium etc).

And when trying to bulk and keeping cardio activity to a minimum it really can't be good.

Also, joint pains, injuries etc. Is it really worth it? I don't wanna have heart disease/be crippled by the age I'm 40.

Its called cardio my friend.

I don't do cardio for fat loss, just to keep my heart healthy.

Not too mention cardio is good for blood pressure, cholesterol, releasing GH, etc.

jd_uk said:
Also, joint pains, injuries etc. Is it really worth it? I don't wanna have heart disease/be crippled by the age I'm 40.

always execute perfect form. weightlifting will not make you a crippled old person! just witness the incredible strides senior citizens make when put on a weightlifting regimen.. some who could barely walk are suddenly 20 years younger

Pick a sport and stick with it... something that involves running etc, basketball, soccer

cardio doesn't mean only running either.

i've stayed almost completely away from straight out running, because i both hate it and seem to become injury prone when doing it, not to mention gaining slower, which would suck lots. oh, and recovering slower.

cardio can come in the form of the uber fun street hockey, or even rollerblading, which is much lower impact. every try mountain biking? good stuff

Swimming and brisk walking are great forms of cardio. Mountain biking like Super Rice said, too. Low-impact cardio is better. Running will put a lot of stress on your knees and if you run all your life, when you get older, you're bound to have problems. May not be true for everyone, but I don't like running anyway. Maybe a light-paced jog, and sprints every so often, but not a weekly thing.

Weightlifting will increase bone density. Chances of you being crippled are slim. Just beware of ass-to-floor squatting, deadlifting, dips, flat bench presses, and upright rows. Those are the lifts off the top of my head I can think of that can put your joints in danger if they're not executed properly. Treat your body right and it will give you back tons in the end.

You might get old, can't help that. Crippled? No need to be. Be smart, and be careful, and you'll be fine. God I feel like a fuckin' infomercial.

Of course I worry. I am in GOOD cardio shape, can jump, am pretty athletic, etc...
Clint%20jump%2002.jpg

Clint%20jump%2003.jpg

Find any Pro Athlete who does not have BAD aches and pains. My body hurts...a lot and often. You play the game, someday you are going to pay a little.

I have a choice...sit around and be a complete health nut or be happy with my life. I'll choose to be happy...

B True

b fold the truth said:
Of course I worry. I am in GOOD cardio shape, can jump, am pretty athletic, etc...
Clint%20jump%2002.jpg

Clint%20jump%2003.jpg

Find any Pro Athlete who does not have BAD aches and pains. My body hurts...a lot and often. You play the game, someday you are going to pay a little.

I have a choice...sit around and be a complete health nut or be happy with my life. I'll choose to be happy...

B True

Agreed. If you want something bad enough youll make the sacrifices, if not youll question everything. I never started training for health reasons personally, but to become a beast. Its a constant process, but I have no plans on quitting the struggle. I think inactivity will fuck you up more then anything else.

Just because you bulk does not mean your diet has to be unhealthy. Science and nutrition have come a long way in to making healthier athletes. When I'm forty and can say I trained with the best and was part of the best, and am still elite it will be worth thr little aches and pains I suffer. The worst are guys who are too afraid to put in real effort, sure you might get hurt. But I would rather suffer the pain of an injury that I can come back from, rather than the indiginity of being a coward who never tried.

In my School I have people tell me all day long to not lift heavy. Don't compete toomuch stress on the body blah, blah,blah. But yet they are getting fatter by the minute and are unhappy. Patients comes to me cause I am in good health, and happy because I choose to live my life on my terms. I do cardio and try for the optimum in all parts of my overall health, from good form, to diet, and balance of muslulature.

Top Bottom