Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

xanax vs. xanax xr for sleep/anxiety

Cutt29

Banned
just filled a script for xanax xr 3mg never tried either xanax reg or xr, i know a lot of bros here have used the reg but wondering if anyone had any experience with xr and how it made them feel in the morning and throught the next day

makes me feel crappy the next day b/c it takes longer to be absorbed and metabolized....I perfer the regular personally.

do u have trouble staying asleep or just falling asleep? im assumin the xr will be better for helpin me not only fall alseep but also stay asleep

OT?

yea i tried the p7 oxycalm first thing when this problem started, it def made my mood better and lessened anxiety but was not nearly enough to put me to sleep

i must say that last nigtht was the best sleep i have had in a very long time, woke up in the midle of the nigth sleep walked to the bathroom to pee and feel right back asleep. also this am no grogginess whasover so far so good.

I can tell you that xanax is by far one of the best drugs ever made. It works fast, has a short half life, and has little sides. But unfortuantely it's abuse potential is enormous. I wouldnt use it to get to sleep. Go see a shrink and get some Trazadone. Its an anti-depressant that in low doses will help you sleep. Its not a benzo, and is not habit-forming. You dont need a shrink to prescribe it, but it's an off label use of the drug and most primary docs arent aware of this. Trust me, you dont want a benzo addiction on your hands. I've seen a few bro's kiss off extremely promising bodybuilding careers because of incarceration and/or rehab. It really did ruin their lives. If you're going to use Xanax or any benzo for that matter, just please know when and if you develop a dependance before it's too late.

Ok, enough of Debby Downer...

52_21_30 said:
I can tell you that xanax is by far one of the best drugs ever made. It works fast, has a short half life, and has little sides. But unfortuantely it's abuse potential is enormous. I wouldnt use it to get to sleep. Go see a shrink and get some Trazadone. Its an anti-depressant that in low doses will help you sleep. Its not a benzo, and is not habit-forming. You dont need a shrink to prescribe it, but it's an off label use of the drug and most primary docs arent aware of this. Trust me, you dont want a benzo addiction on your hands. I've seen a few bro's kiss off extremely promising bodybuilding careers because of incarceration and/or rehab. It really did ruin their lives. If you're going to use Xanax or any benzo for that matter, just please know when and if you develop a dependance before it's too late.

Ok, enough of Debby Downer...

trazodone was the first med my doc (not a shrink just a physician) prescribed to me didnt do shit, took up to 150mg before bed got nothin from it

Cutt29 said:
trazodone was the first med my doc (not a shrink just a physician) prescribed to me didnt do shit, took up to 150mg before bed got nothin from it

Im sorry to hear that. As with any drug, it doesnt work for everyone. But if your doc is giving you xanax as a sleep aid, find a new doc. Trust me man, primary docs know how to treat hypertension, diabetes, and heart failure. They either graduated at the bottom of their class or are from a foreign country. Lots of shrinks wont prescribe xanax to anyone because they are experts on those drugs and know that theres many alternatives for what xanax is commonly used for. Plus the abuse potential is off the wall. Personally, I'm a very impulsive guy and I know I have an obsessive, addictive personality. I'll take 1 g of tren a week before I ever touch a xannie.

Top Bottom