Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why old schoolers were smaller?

Iria

Always thought old school bodybuilders did not use steroids, and this is why they were so much smaller than the modern beasts. Do you know why were they so much smaller back in the time? Was it because of different gear quality, or something else?

I think there is no single answer to the question. First of all, in those times they were not obsessed with size and mass. Secondly, they did not have effective means of running a PCT. These are my main theories.

Because at these days, just a few compounds were available : test deca dbol and primo and there was no aromatase inhibitor, so the doses couldnt be high

Also a lot of different things :

- Today doctors follows the athletes
- Medications like statins and other stuff lowers bad cholesterols, lower blood pressure so they can blast with higher doses
- they didnt know how to properly run a cycle, they did things like pyramids (200mg per week then 300 then 400 then 300 then 200 etc), today pro have access to gear protocols that kick ass
- ALL THE OTHER STUFF : high HGH doses every day, INSULIN (!), IGF-1, etc etc
- New compounds (AAS)

aside from insulin and HGH being the norm and guys using more steroids...
people are getting bigger. we eat more food

let's look at professional sports. back in the 60's a DT weighed 240 or 250 tops.. now they are 330+ no problem.

a CB weighed 165 or 170.. now they are 220. i mean it is a different world with how big people are today compared to 60 years ago

It's our current society. We are in a 'bigger is better' society.

Go to texas and every license plate proudly boasts 'everything is bigger in texas'

We live in a supersized society. The physique got bigger because people want to see freaks.

Now a days, bodybuilders use way more drugs and eat way more food then bodybuilders of the past.

Pretty much the peak of anabolic steroids alone is what produced the physiques of the 70's, 80's and 90's is when GH started becoming available and it wasn't until the late 90's that we had all these mass monsters particularly from the gh and slin use.

No way anabolics alone will get you to the sizes pro's are today.

Even look back at Ronnie Coleman in 1999-2002, to this day no one has the same amount of lean mass he carried around.

Exactly. Humans as a whole have got bigger, taller and (as we know) some are fatter. Modern bodybuilding, as we know it, as a relatively new sport and so, decade on decade, we've learned more and grown. We moan and bitch about marketing and supplements but they are better and, cent for cent, cheaper.

So it was mostly because they were in fashion like that before, and now they are all big? In such case I don't know about you, but I get a feeling of nostalgia, because today's physique of bodybuilders is not appealing at all.

Top Bottom